Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is an 85 for about $400. It is a 300 inline with 4-spd (granny gear). I haven't looked at it yet but my dad has.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
briand said:
It is an 85 for about $400. It is a 300 inline with 4-spd (granny gear). I haven't looked at it yet but my dad has.
umm thanks kinda vague.
1. what will you be doing with it?
2. does it run?
3. have you checked the body(especially the floors for rot?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
400 dollars is very little amount of money. If your looking for a daily driver or even one you can just take out, a $400 bronco isnt what you're looking for. Even for a project bronco you should be looking to spend about $2000. I have two broncos. THe one I use i bought for $1800 w/ a new motor so that was a good deal, and My bronco that i just bought for parts which is EXCATLY like the one your looking at. I paid $400 its an '85 with a 6cyl motor. The body is trashed but it drives. I easily got my $400 out of it but I would never use it as a 4x rig unless i wanted to put A Ton of time and money into it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i had to get off the comp quick, at work haha. it needs a clutch but the person I talked to who owns it said that it just had a complete fresh tune up and runs excellent. I'm more used to K-5's I've had a couple of those. How hard is it to put a clutch in this? I put one in my Mustang before. I'm just buying it basically to four-wheel so body condition is not a priority at all. It was a one owner before him though and he has all kind of service records. Anything I should look at when I go to look at this thing in person? Thanks.

The guy was selling it for more and somebody test driving it burnt up the clutch and I he just sort of wants to get rid of it. Also I want to do a 3" body and either 33's or 35's. Is this an option? BTW, I'm not afraid to hack the fenders.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hell yeah I'd buy it! Where is this b*tch located!!!!!!

A clutch in a truck is the same as doing it on a mustang, just you only have one more item to pull off, the T-case comes out, the tranny comes out, and thier ya have the clutch comes out. Then just put it back on in reverse order that ya started in.

I also believe that on the older Broncos 33's will just fit perfect, with some very minor rubbing in the front. I got 32's on my with no lift yet, and they work great very minor rubbing when the front wheels are turned all teh way.

p.s. if that body is CLEAN its worth it. Not hard to put a V8 in it since most Broncos come with them in it. K5 same thing as a Bronco, but Broncos look better, see my sig :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts