Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i brought a bronco a couple of weeks ago and am slowly working out all the problems...

however, the reason i decided to get back into 4x4's and put my buggy and mustang on the side was because i went crawlin in early august with some guys in fj's and had a blast...

Now, its not that im a prick or anything but i want my truck to do as well if not better then these fj's since there initial response to my ford was, "well if ur were going to buy a pos y didnt u get a jeep."

I was wondering what some of the weak points the bronco i should address first...

it has a 6 inch lift, blocked in the rear (ill change that eventually to 6 inch leafs) and it has the stock radius arms and the stock brake hose :banghead (stupid PO)

any good places to buy radius arms or good tech articles on making them, i searched but couldn't find them,
Do i need any form of trac bar for the rear (its a 9 inch, thinking 4.11's or 4.56 but unsure)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sas will come in much time assuming the rest of the truck holds up, im prolly going to 6 inch leafs in the spring...

debating on a detroit locker but is that going to make it imposible to drive this thing in the snow... i live on Long Island so there could be two inches or ten feet this winter

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
locking the front may not happen till after or during the axle swap, dont want to pour money into parts not long for this world

and money is deffinatley a thought...im in college and doing what i can with what i have...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
put an ECTED in the rear. its a cheap selectable locker

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so how bad is the blocked lift... wondering how long i should put it off...

·
Premium Member
1994 XLT, 5.8L, 4" BDS lift, Sixlitre tuneup, Getto cold air Intake, 32" Maxxis Bighorns, 160 amp 3G
271 Posts
Blocks have been known to come out at the least opportune moment :shocked

Do a search for rear blocks and you will find alot of info on why you don't want them. :toothless

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok it was the po's doin, looked at leafs on the graveyard site, looking at 400 bucks for the rear leafs...so ill work out all the little bugs first but put that as a priority over the intake and carb swap i was looking into

as far as radius arms, heard some complaints about the superlifts... not looking to break the bank, but something thatll hold the wheels better then stock,

i imagine im better off building sliders, skid plates and that stuff on my own over buying, after shipping and all...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.