Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
You want to see up my undercarriage? O_O

Kidding aside, couldn't you just go to a junk yard and hack off the front of the frame of a 87-91 and do a frame splice after cutting off the crumple zone? Or just cut off the crumple and run some square bar inside the frame, then sleeve over the top of that the proper size (OD of inside equal to ID of outside) of Receiver tube? That should be enough to punch through the next vehicle in an oncoming accident.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Saurian said:
You want to see up my undercarriage? O_O

Kidding aside, couldn't you just go to a junk yard and hack off the front of the frame of a 87-91 and do a frame splice after cutting off the crumple zone? Or just cut off the crumple and run some square bar inside the frame, then sleeve over the top of that the proper size (OD of inside equal to ID of outside) of Receiver tube? That should be enough to punch through the next vehicle in an oncoming accident.

You are talking about doing way to much work its much easier then that to strengthen the crumple zones...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Pony-boy said:
Leaf sprung 92-96 crumple zone.
Been searching all over and have seen quite a few of the front
hangers that I like, but most of the pictures I wanna see aren't complete.
Just lookin for lots of ideas to make up mine.
I have a few closeups on my sig too....also look at I think Beermans....he did it too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts