Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '94, the electric side mirror(s) are falling apart and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what to do. I was thinking about just picking up some older non-power mirrors and just bolting them or would that be worth the trouble? Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Cheers, Tim :chili:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
if you take the electric mirrors off you will have 3 holes in the door your best bet would be getting a set from ebay $30 a piece or a junkyard. If you want a set of metal mirrors I have some make an offer or if you're interested I'll send you some pics

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
People part Broncos out all the time, keep an eye on the for sale section of this thread. I will be parting one out in the next few months

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
there are so many pairs of electric bronco mirrors for sale on ebay, it's actually annoying.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Kikwear said:
I love my big manual mirrors. What's it like to have the little power ones with a trailer on the back? Can you see?
I've towed a number of trailers with the power mirrors cant complain they're plenty wide enough.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Kikwear said:
I love my big manual mirrors. What's it like to have the little power ones with a trailer on the back? Can you see?
When i towed my donor home they did just fine for me. Their better than ya think.

I used to have a pair of trailer mirrors that would mount on the fender, i wonder if i sitll have them.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Steve83 said:
Stop running them into things. :doh0715:
I broke my drivers side on a tree the first time but it was still pretty good. Second time it was another tree and tore it off. Passengers side hit a fence post in reverse the first time but it was still pretty good second time it got torn off on a tree and was beyond repair. Then I got a pair of "new" mirrors and I've been more careful with this set

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally Posted by Kikwear
For the small amount of towing I've done w/ my dad, they seemed fine.

Originally Posted by Steve83
Stop running them into things.

Have you considered TIGHTENING any of the screws?
The previous owner looks like he attempted to, and has striped all of the screws. Also, the plastic frame that is part of the mirror(s) is deteriorating, so i just say to hell with them. (And to be honest, I think that the old school ones look better:toothless )

~Cheers, Tim

P.S. I don't run into things on accident, only when I want to :goodfinge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts