Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to get a new pistol but i am at a crossroads. The two top contenders are the HK USP and the Sig Sauer P226, now either way they both come in 40S&W which is what cal. I want. Now if i get the Full USP tactical it is supposed to have better sights and a threaded barrel but on the Sig is about 3 to 4 hundred cheaper. What do you think?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 226 9mm and in my opinion you absolutely cannot go wrong with a Sig.

Try looking over at sigforum.com. Great group of people.

WJR

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
i have no experience with a sig...i own a .40 cal berretta cougar and have fired a H&K USP .40. I really enjoyed firing the USP. To me it was a good weapon, but as you said...expensive

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
I've got 226 40cal, I love it... Best weapon I've ever owned. My wife refers to as my "best friend". I've fired the USP and also loved it. I found that I shot better with the sig.. It fits my hand better than the USP... Thats what it boils down to ... Buy whatever you shoot best with. Thats all that really matters..... Fog

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Only you can answer that question. How is it going to be used? If concealed carry I would lean towards the HK as it is lighter, better still would be the USP compact. Both are excellent pistols.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
USP

P226 has a single column magazine, I would want more than 9 rounds.

Also one Browning Model, The BDA is actually an P-226

·
Registered
166 Posts
MikeW said:
USP

P226 has a single column magazine, I would want more than 9 rounds.

Also one Browning Model, The BDA is actually an P-226
Wrong. The 226 in .40 holds 10 rounds if using a restricted mag and 12 rounds full capacity.

WJR

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Foghorn said:
I've got 226 40cal, I love it... Best weapon I've ever owned. My wife refers to as my "best friend". I've fired the USP and also loved it. I found that I shot better with the sig.. It fits my hand better than the USP... Thats what it boils down to ... Buy whatever you shoot best with. Thats all that really matters..... Fog
that is why i chose the beretta...fits my hand like a glove...was gonna get a 1911..but for concealed carry i wanted something i was more comfortable with

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
The USP didn't exist when I bought my .40. The SIG did. I've shot SIGs, they're nice, but for the price, I bought 2 Glocks.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
WJR said:
Wrong. The 226 in .40 holds 10 rounds if using a restricted mag and 12 rounds full capacity.

WJR

Its 10 rounds legally and 12 restricted for the .357 Sig/.40

I think I was referring to the .45 mag capacity which is only seven plus one rounds.

·
Registered
166 Posts
MikeW said:
Its 10 rounds legally and 12 restricted for the .357 Sig/.40

I think I was referring to the .45 mag capacity which is only seven plus one rounds.
The Sig 220 (the .45 ACP version) has 7 or 8 rd mags. Sig actually just started making 10 rd factory mags as well, but they stick out below the grip a good bit.

With the sunset of 1994 AWB, the 12 rd mags are legal except in states that have a state law prohibiting mags with a higher capacity than 10. When I said restriced mag, I meant the restriction or plate inside the mag that does not allow you to load more than 10 rounds. Since Mudslinger is in Texas, he can legally have 12 round or full capacity mags for his 226, if that is what he chooses to purchase.

WJR

·
Registered
47 Posts
WEll you have certainly narrowed this down to the two best semi-auto pistols in my opinion :)

I currently own a HK USP .40 and love it.... you can't go wrong with either one of these guns!!!! I am considering purchasing a SIG 226 now....

Just pick one, you will end up buying the other anyway :chili:

I love guns :chili:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I kind of figured i would end up buying both, But I think I'll start with the Sig. then get the HK later. Thanks for all the great remarks.:thumbup

·
Registered
166 Posts
steve_oo said:
WEll you have certainly narrowed this down to the two best semi-auto pistols in my opinion :)

I currently own a HK USP .40 and love it.... you can't go wrong with either one of these guns!!!! I am considering purchasing a SIG 226 now....

Just pick one, you will end up buying the other anyway :chili:

Cool knife. I like it!! Which SOG is that? It looks like Trident??

I have a Twitch that was given to me that I really like as pocket knife.

WJR

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mudslinger666 said:
I kind of figured i would end up buying both, But I think I'll start with the Sig. then get the HK later. Thanks for all the great remarks.:thumbup
I just went through this a week ago:rofl:
I went with my USP .45 first, getting my Sig P220 next.:rockon

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had my sig 229 .40S&W for about 9 years.
its never failed me and i have had others.
glock is too light, H&K hurts my hand when firing
Smith & Wesson ok
Bretta nice handgun but too long (96F)
anyway I love my Sig.:thumbup

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well IMHO I've got both a USP in .45 and my old duty weapon Sig also in .45 both are great weapons, the USP is a bit bulkier that the Sig. In the summer I usually carry the Sig in a SOB holster, winter with bulkier clothes I carry the USP. However I just bought this in .357sig

And have fallen in love with it... It shoots nice is comfortable and may just replace both as my preferred CCW....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts