Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have decided to do a build/upgrade a thread instead of making a bunch of diffrent threads.

So if you don't know my bronco here is what it looks like.(older pic)

Some of the upgrades..
6" lift with rear springs
35's on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels
4.56 gears
6Litre tune up
Clear headlights and tail light with LED bulbs
BroncoAir rear bumper
Hefty Fab Front bumper
Rock slider with Hefty Fab steps(see this thread)
Full stainless steel exhaust( see below)
Custom HI-Lift mount
And i am sure i am forgetting stuff

So to start i did a full exhaust system a few weeks ago, Bassana Y pipe, Magnaflow cat, Hooked aero chamber muffler and a magnaflow 13005 3" tail pipe.
The awesome muffler i had on before.

And the new stuff all stainless steel.

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next up are my sliders and steps. I bought a set of slider from another member that were built by another member and they sat for a while and i finally put them on.

And i had Hefty make me a set of his slider steps.

I also had him make a bumper step for me so its easier to get stuff ou of the back.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Great looking rig! Besides an SAS, what other plans do you have for it? What else has been doon to it?

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking rig! Besides an SAS, what other plans do you have for it? What else has been doon to it?
Thanks, i guess you'll just have wait and see.:toothless

I can do a list tomorrow of all the stuff done to it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice build so far, i will be following this one. hefty does nice work......:thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my CNC in now Jim so let me know if you still need those SAS parts and I can get going on them
Yeah i still need an upper track bar mount for my SAS so let see what you can come up with.

The bumper is painted and is getting put on tonight so i will have pics later.

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i got the bumper put in but not without issue. I guess my frame horn were bent or something because the bumper didn't fit it was off by a 1/4 inch and Hefty didn't leave any room to play. So i busted out the BFH and and smacked the frame until it fit.

I also got some new Hella 700FF for free. :thumbup Anyway on to the pics.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow Jim! That looks absolutely sexy! I'm torn between the Plate sides and tube now! Did you powdercoat?

-Curtis-

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow Jim! That looks absolutely sexy! I'm torn between the Plate sides and tube now! Did you powdercoat?

-Curtis-
Thanks Curtis, its painted and i really wish the had body worked it a little because you can see some of the weld marks but i think it looks good as is.

great!!!!!! Bronco!!!! grat stufff hefty!!!!
Thanks.:thumbup

Nice! BTW where did you find the clear turn signals?
Thanks, i got the hole headlight assembly on Ebay last year but i don't remember the seller.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,770 Posts
Yeah my tolerances are tight. There should only be about a 1/4" of play so your frame must be off a little. I know when I mounted Landsharks that his frame was bent and was off by almost 3/4" I actually broke a highlift jack to get that frame to move. So far the other 25 or so that I've sold have gone on with no problem. Sorry for the hassle. Can you email me those pics Jim? [email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah my tolerances are tight. There should only be about a 1/4" of play so your frame must be off a little. I know when I mounted Landsharks that his frame was bent and was off by almost 3/4" I actually broke a highlift jack to get that frame to move. So far the other 25 or so that I've sold have gone on with no problem. Sorry for the hassle. Can you email me those pics Jim? [email protected]
I think i would have crapped my pants if it was that far off.

I will get those pics emailed to you soon.

Its looking fantastic Jim, I REALLY WANT a Hefty Fab rear bumper like LandShark's but I'm broke and only philanthropists do thing Pro Bono.
Thanks Kyle. If it weren't for my bosses son giving me money for the bumper after i did his lift kit i wouldn't have the bumper because i'am kind of spead a little thin myself.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Great looking truck!!
That front bumper looks nice. Didn't know HF was building those (thought it was only tube)

Looking forward to more updates!

1 - 20 of 488 Posts