Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

461 - 480 of 489 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
So
I tried to do the sag power steering pump swap and could not get the line to route the way it needed to be and I wound up kinking it. Didn’t see a way to make it work, maybe I’m just stupid and doing it completely wrong. Anyone have a picture of what way the line Should go.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I kind of just guessed the length. Originally had tried to make it out of stainless braided, this doesn’t work. Got conversion fittings to AN and a local hydro place to crimp some ends on some hose for me, I think I went with 90s on each end. I think the hose was a foot, foot and a half maybe? I’ll look to see if I still have it to send you pics/dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
What would cause a hub bearing to keep coming loose.? I’m out in Moab and the bearing got loose on the way out. I’m running stage8 locking nut and they seem to be in the same place. I changed the bearings and they came loose again and tightens again and came loose again. Need to drive 2200 miles back home.

·
ate lug
8,482 Posts
Stage-8's stuff by design, shouldbnt be able to back off, unless either the indexing tab on the first ring is damaged/broken, or the spindle is damaged. I suppose if the threads on the spindle were bad it might walk off.

If youve replaced the bearings and they keep getting loose (which side, and how many miles we talking here?) then id suspect a bad part other than the bearings, like maybe the spindle or hub is damaged.

Did you replace the stub shaft or locking hub prior to or during this trip??

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
What would cause a hub bearing to keep coming loose.? I’m out in Moab and the bearing got loose on the way out. I’m running stage8 locking nut and they seem to be in the same place. I changed the bearings and they came loose again and tightens again and came loose again. Need to drive 2200 miles back home.
Just one side?

Are the races sitting tightly in the hub?

Do the bearings fully seat onto the spindle? I recall when you went 8 lug that there was some issues there.

I have the Stage8's as well - no way they are moving - my prognosis is that things are not fully seating.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
No indication of the locking hub touching the stub shaft or wheel bearing lock nuts?

What parts did you use to convert the front to 8lug?
It messed up a hub, got a new one and messed that one up to and after today I’m sure it’s destroyed to.
All Ford F-250 parts with dual Calipers.
I’m going to pull it apart again and look at the spindle really good and the nut.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
My guess would be a spindle too. I have had a bad one take a good bit of time before causing the problem again. Similar problem to yours. I "happened" to inspect it closely as I thought I was just too hard on it, and was destroying the bearings. Which was an occasional problem and probably where the spindle got damaged in the first place. I found a flat spot on the "6 o'clock" side. All sides up to it looked perfectly fine and normal.

Good luck, as I hate for this to ruin your experience.
tim

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
So I have a question, my trans started shifting hard and has a torque converter code and needs a torque converter. My trans has a 180k on it, was shifting fine before the TC started to take a crap. So do I just slap a TC in it or have it rebuilt or get a built one to swap out. Not really sure I’d want to get involved in rebuilding myself.

461 - 480 of 489 Posts