Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,652 Posts
Yeah, they used to be 2 keys. Based upon the trucks ive driven, it seems that they went to a one key system with the body change in '92.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i could make it work for you. come on down to ace hardware and ill cut it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Broncobob- That's the style key that is commonly found on Ford gloveboxes and some Bronco tailgates. The standard Ford door key has a square head and has the blades of the keys switched from what is pictured.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you want a Silver Anniversary key for a 94? And will the rounded end fit in the ignition?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah i have a 95, w/2 keys one shaped like that for the rear window/glovebox and one square one for the ignition.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
fordman7795 said:

I think the newer keys have an extra cut in them.The Anniversary Key might not work.Depending on year

·
Registered
376 Posts
fordman7795 said:
Won't work...The milling of the key is different, opposite of the ign key. Also the 92-96 keys are 5 cuts longer then older keys. The only thing that the key will work for on a Ford 92-96 is the glove box, center console or tailgate (*maybe*) The key will work for 91 and older as a door key.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Silver anniversary keys (Door and Ignition) uncut. I can take a pic a post it so you can see if they have the cut or not.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,275 Posts
The auction is gone, I'd like to see what the keys look like

1 - 17 of 17 Posts