Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
6,153 Posts
Was also up there, always good times at silver lake. I'll try to get my video sorted out soon MS88Bronc is in a few of them

·
Ford Hoarder
6,153 Posts
other pics of stuff I just thought was neat

This was a Friend of mines for a long time, he sold it 7 years ago. Showed back up this year.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One guy had an unfortunate incident. He apparently endo’d his Bronco after coming over the crest of a dune too fast maybe? Luckily he had a partial roll cage and safety harnesses in the back so his boy and dog in the back seat were ok.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,153 Posts
Or not fast enough.... There was at least 1 end over end flip a day while we were there since Wednesday.
Hills where peaked for sure. Some mroe decieving then others; The trick is to go just fast enough to get over the hill but not fast enough to jump it.. Or fully commit and sent it. I have seen many people get to the top, realize too much speed, and hit the brakes way to late, pitching the nose down.
Hard to get yourself to use the skinny pedal in those situations though too.

Hopefully just bronco damage, I know a few involved in the Jeeps that also flipped where not so lucky. Some now have back injuries and such.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the driver hurt his shoulder but could have been worse.

On a lighter note, here’s some drone pics from the group dune lineup:

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My goal was to have the Bronco ready for this and that didn’t happen.👎🏻Is this a yearly thing?

Yeah this was the fifth year. :thumbup

·
Ford Hoarder
6,153 Posts
Just cruising around. Kind of long but ohwell

·
Registered
211 Posts
So, stupid question @MS88Bronc and I think I know the answer but why do they make everyone put flags on their rigs?
There are areas on the dunes that are non-directional.

The hope is when going up hills in these areas if there is traffic going towards each other the flag can be seen in time to avoid a crash.

It's helped me a couple times but mostly i try to take it easy in these situations.

Crashes do happen out there though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts