Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not the matter what car or truck we have, but it is the desire of everybody to improve the gas mileage. But there are some easy ways and means to achieve the object of improving gas mileage.

Eliminating unwanted weight is the first thing everybody should consider to improve gas mileage in car or truck.

Regular cleaning of the chassis, motor and undercarriage that normally accumulated with mud, tar, dirt, all come from while driving should be done regularly. These unwanted mud, tar; dirt may reduce the weight of the car and improve gas mileage some how.

Extra wide tires and wheels will definitely reduce gas mileage. Using of wheels and tires made up with lighter materials will reduce weight in the car and increase gas mileage.

High friction in the vehicle causes low mileage. Yes. When there is Friction in the motor, tires it will reduce mileage. The reason is more energy is required to compensate the friction in the components. When more energy is consumed to compensate the friction it naturally reduce the mileage. Frequent and regular changing of manufacturer recommended oil alone reduce the friction and increase the mileage. Accumulation of grit in the chassis and undercarriage also causes friction. Oversized tires create more friction.

Maintaining correct air pressure is an important aspect for good mileage and also it is safe to the life of tire also. Lower or high pressure in the tire leads to friction and it is better to keep the tire pressure to the recommended level that will lead to good mileage.

Rash driving lowers the mileage. Optimum driving not only gives mileage but also saves the life of all. Though the speed varies for optimum fuel economy to every vehicle, optimum fuel economy is not possible if the speed of the vehicle exceeds 60mph.

Proper planning avoids several short trips to the same distance, improve mileage and reduce wear and tear to the vehicle components.

Bad spark plugs, unnecessary usage of A/C, not using alternative routes to avoid congestion, increase the speed while driving in the hill, not closing the windows, will also lead to poor mileage.

Getting good mileage is not a hard task. If the above guidelines are properly followed achieving good mileage is an easy task to everybody.

ckriswa
www.tncity.biz

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts

what ever....we're driving broncos for petes sake, sheesh

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
:scratchhe :scratchhe If i want good gas mileage i drive my corvette :shrug

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
I know Broncs are rolling bricks, but guys, the post is not a bad one.....

Making sure your vehicle is in proper tune is no.1, and this goes for a corvette or a brick. With gas as much as it is, I always like to do the best my brick will do. And apparently not all broncos are alike since folks constantly post asking why they are getting 9mpg (and I regularly avg. 11 city, 14 highway with 37's and a lot of weight).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts