Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
I would say, How can a FORD have a CUMMINS in it?

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,642 Posts
Cummins are one engine choice for the medium duty trucks. I have an F800 with a 5.9L Cummins

as for what its worth? I couldn't tell ya....
can you get to pass inspection? intended use?

·
yes
1,769 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Hmm..very cheap for what it is IMO. But then agian I don't know what something like that is worth really.

From the pics, it looks awful rusty and like it hasn't been on the road for a long time.

What are you going to do? Put the drivetrain out of that in your bronco?

Heh, youd be able to tow more than the frame could handle with that probly. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Its going to require a CDL to drive it most likely..

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
didnt ford sell dodge that motor anyways
Nope, Ford never outright owned Cummins. If anything, ford had less that 10% ownership in them. Dodge doesn't even own Cummins, Cummins just supplies the engine to Dodge. Cummins stands as it's own company.

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks like it has a current dot sticker in the windshield/ red is 2007 DOT inspection so it might have been on the road recently

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
as for what its worth? I couldn't tell ya....
:stupid

Going to haul 80k with it? I'd pass. Lowbed with your wheeling Bronco on it? Fawkin sweeeeeet. I wanted to grab a tractor and lowbed from work for the RC trip in April... unfortunately, they're paving that weekend.

Its going to require a CDL to drive it most likely..
That's affirm.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Thats the 855 inch Cummins in there. Not a thing in common with the 5.9 other then its an inline 6.

Good engine and I'd take it if I was looking for a cheap truck. I'm glad to see its got the big engine too. I once had to drive an old ford L8000 like that with a 6.6 liter Ford diesel in it. You wanna talk about a slow mother ****er. Damn thing couldn't get through the wind any faster then 55 MPH

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah he said its really quick. I plan to use it to take my CDL test and hopefully get a trailer so I can haul mine and a buddies mud truck places. Not really much more then that. For now I just want it lol.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
That would be sweet to haul toys around in for sure.

hell beats trying to find a damn 3/4 or 1 ton diesel for that price.

·
Registered
897 Posts
SWEETT!!
Just remember repairs are going to cost a LOT more, and you got the DOT issue also

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah see I can't find a 3/4 1 ton thats even decent for this price.

So I have to have this DOT inspected? Where do I go for that?

Does this use the same frame as a dumbtruck would? I was thinking if maybe I just got a big pintle hitch trailer maybe put a dump body on? As long as this runs/drives and everything works like he says it does it's mine!

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
You will need a class A licsence to pull any trailer behind that truck. I don't know your states laws and regs for commercial trucks but the registration is diff than a 1 ton and you need to pay road taxes. Again not familiar with your local laws but I would check into them first.
As far as the price goes it sounds about right for that truck, there are tons of L8000s out there and you can get a pretty good deal on the older ones. Single axle ones are pretty common to local trucking companies, they buy them in fleets. Check out the miles on it you can get around a 1,000,000 out of them if they were properly maintained.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm working on getting my CDL thats not an issue.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts