Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got this setup? When I bought my Bronco, it had just straight pipes all the way out the back with no muffler....sounds ok until you let off the gas. I was considering putting on a single 2.5 in Flowmaster and just turning it down right behind the muffler. How do you guys think this would sound? Will it vibrate the hell out of my interior?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I have that setup. Bassani headers with a bassani off-road y-pipe(no cat), into a flow 40 and dumped right in front of the rear axle. Doesn't vibrate but it's pretty loud. No too loud(for me) but it sounds mean. Click on my Superford link, I have 2 short vids with sound so you can hear what it sounds like. I think they're in the exhaust subfolder. I've seen a couple other guys put sound clips on here too, try searching for them.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Yup, mine is 3" all the way back(including the y-pipe). With my setup I had to get a muffler with the inlet and outlet both center, any other way it wouldn't fit without hitting the frame or drive shaft.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i have a stock 351 with stock exhaust just running to a magnaflow dumping off and it sounds great. i had a stock 302 with hedman headers going to glasspacks dumped off and it sounded even better. it couldnt hurt to try. they only charged me 10 bucks just to chop off the extra pipe going after the muffler out the rear as duals on the 351.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Flowbastards suck. They flow like crap (for how loud they are). Get a long glasspack, and you'll be good. I have a relatively short 24" glasspack on my bronco, and it sounds great. It still has the deep tone of an open exhaust, only it is a bit quieter. It's not much louder than a flowbastard (it might even be quieter) and it flows like no other. Save your money and buy a glasspack for $20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.