Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My FSB has the single shock front setup, and most of the other FSBs I see have the dual shock setup.

Is there a way I could swap to a Dual shock setup? Haw hard is it? Would the benefits be worth it?

Or should I just get some decent single shocks and forget about it?

Thanks!

·
penis
3,320 Posts
It comes down to personal taste, I personally feel that the quad setup is better, but this has been a long debated topic sine the 78 broncos rolled off the line.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just my opinion, but it isnt worth your time to swap it. I have the quad setup and am only running 2 shocks on the front. I noticed NO difference

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Its part of the piece that holds the shock isnt it? So if your bronco did not come with it,
you have to take it off a bronco that did. (I think)

I like the quad. Before mine was lifted i had quad. But my kit only came with duel. When i get a little spending money
im going to put quad back on.

-Vance

·
Registered
73 Posts
depends on what you want to do with the truck. mine came with quad but road stiff as heck so i just removed one from each side and made it too soft so its all on ur own

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a wood/trail/mud truck. I mostly use it to get to a piece of property out in the woods. I live in FL so no desert running or rock crawling.

I was at the junkyard yesterday looking at the quad setups and it looked like the suspension "carrier" could be removed, but its looks like a serious job.

I think a set of Rancho RS5000s would do me good instead. Watcha guys think?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Yes, if your truck didn't come from the factory with a quad shock setup, then you would have to swap out the coil spring buckets which would require a great deal of work. My bronco had quad shocks, and my f150 doesn't...the f150 rides a little softer than the bronco.

Wouldn't be worth the time. Just buy a good brand shock...though there are great deal of arguments over which is better and which company makes this or that...

KC

·
Registered
668 Posts
if you want a stiff ride shoot for the quad setup, if not stick with what you have. i personally have four rancho rs5000s up front and love em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts