Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
I see Broncos
6,007 Posts
The shorter ones goes behind the coil if I remember right..

Now another question for you guys..

Which shock do you keep? The one in front or in back of the coil? Trying to decide what's going to be more work for me on the SAS.. :toothless
Back one, the mounts are more durable.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I searched a bit for the same question, Spectre, before my lift... It seems the consensus was to keep the rear shock if only using 1 of the 2, but that it wouldn't make much noticeable difference if you kept the front one instead.

I just kept the longer, rear shock, and it rides much smoother now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the imput! I wasn't sure if the dual shocks would help the offroad use or not. When it comes time for a lift looks like I'll save some $$ for two less shocks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you run your rig like a pre-runner duals are, in theory, superior. Should be less cumulative fade as the shock/s heat up from extended, high frequency rebound. That's how I run my rig but I can't say I've noticed any difference compared to the single shock rigs I've driven over the same routes...

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 90 bronco has a 351 n a plow the truck has a 2 inch lift but sits like a 4 inch I’m planning on a 6 inch lift n 35s. The truck has a real soft ride n with the plow set up I thinking about doing a conversion to quads and I’m thinking about making a custom bracket so I can run both a sway bar n quads, has anyone done this

·
Eric
2,583 Posts
My 90 bronco has a 351 n a plow the truck has a 2 inch lift but sits like a 4 inch I’m planning on a 6 inch lift n 35s. The truck has a real soft ride n with the plow set up I thinking about doing a conversion to quads and I’m thinking about making a custom bracket so I can run both a sway bar n quads, has anyone done this
My '88 came factory with quads and a sway bar up front. Should be able to find some brackets in a local JY.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,815 Posts
there are drop brackets for the front sway bars when you go this route that should be available thru the lift company you choose.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
wut?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts