Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i got sirius! XACT XTR3CK $50 Best Buy + Free $20 Gift Card + Activation Fee/One Month $27= about $57&Change

this install was easy as pie....

:chili: :chili: 2 out of 5 chilis for the difficulty

first off i had to determine where i wanted the unit....

i know what some people might be thinking...

but its actually hardly visible from the outside unless you look at it from a certain angle because of my rain guards.

and to answer a few more questions:

i installed a headliner shelf($40) and found these school bus type sun visors(4.99)

there are replacement positions for the stock sun visors, but they hang way to low and look ridiculous....more ridiculous than school bus sun visors.

so i too the sirius window mounting kit...found some screws and they nicely lined up to the stock visor mount.

The Sound Quality is amazing and the fm transmitter dominates all stations...better than the belkin fm transmitter i used for my mp3....the stations are great.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
$12.95/month after the first month. They charge a measley $13.95 or something like that for activation + $12.95 first month = $27ish. I have the X-Act same unit and it's great...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
50Gunner said:
Looks nice and clean. How much a month is service?

$.41 a day or 12.99 a month

and they have every 3 months, 6 months, 4 times a year, yearly, 2 years, lifetime for $499.00 with up to three transfers to new radios

i think anyone with a stock radio should get it

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I don't drive enough to justify that damnit. I wish I still did, enjoy it, looks great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a 30 minute commute to school, which howard usually occupied. plus the time i spend driving around aimlessly, loving every minute spent in that big hunk of junk

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I live on campus and bike everywhere I can. Can't afford to drive my hunk of junk everywhere unfortunately.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
I love my sirius, however mine is through my headunit. So it doest transmit through FM waves. Even better sound.

this is from when it was in the bronco, now it is in my DD ranger

people say they prefer the RF transmitter cause they can take it inside, but it is free to listen to Sirius online if you have a subscription, so i dont care.

and i pay by the year, which gives me 1 month free.

I love 20 Octane, 28 Faction, 104 Raw Dog, 60 New Country 61 Prime Country, and 19 Buzzsaw

·
Registered
213 Posts
My install is about the same as Daniel's (even antenna placement)--different Kenwood headunit though. Instead of using the space in the glove box, I just mounted ithe Sirius tuner in the center console, right next to the 6-disc changer; it all daisy-chains together to the headunit.

And in the epitome of laziness, I very rarely reach all the way over to adjust the stereo--that's what it has a remote for, that sits in my cup holder

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
I've been thinking about sirius for a while. If you have more than one sirius unit, can it use the same account? like share a plan between my bronco and jeep?

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
who makes that unit? im geting one before howards debute, but not sure which one, and it has to be on eo the fm transmitter types, since its going in a compnay van

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i doubt it on the two radios with one subscription... and my setup might not be permanent...since it isnt :p i couldnt imagine getting better sound wired or not

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
maybe its cause all ive heard is the XM through the transmitters and my buddy is always having to flip stations cause of the static to try and get a better reception. i just imagine it being close to the same.

No you can not have more then one radio. you can have them on the same account but you gotta pay for both. now im sure if you get the transmitter one, and two things of the mounts that you can swap them kinda like you ahve the home/car one. kinda of a car/car. I took mine out of the bronco and swapped it into the ranger and they never knew it

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got 3 separate Sirius recievers on my account, the first one is 12.99/mo, the others are 6.99/mo each

The one in the Bko is the Kenwood hardwired unit, the other two are the "plug-n-pray" models. I haven't had too much trouble with radio interference, but I don't live in a major metro area either. The portables can be moved from vehicle to vehicle, or in the house, as long as you have a antenna in each vehicle for it--I got lucky ad one of them came with a home kit, so I can bring em in and listen to sat radio in the house when I get bored (happens a lot lately since I'm stuck at home after surgery)

Edit--can't spell worth a crap

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,577 Posts
Ive been thinking about putting this in my p/u for road trips and such. My headunit is Sirius ready, too :cool:

Are there any good metal stations on it? I have a binder full of burned cds, but its not exactly safe to sift through it while towing a vehicle down the freeway in the dark :toothless itd be badass if i could just tune in some heavy metal station and rock out :rockon

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
sirius 27 is all metal. i dont listen to that station much, but i noticed stuff like slayer on it

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have sirius and love it. I almost NEVER use the "regular" radio anymore.

:rockon
Bill

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
i have never listened to regular radio except for that week between swapping it from the bronco to ranger since i installed it over a year ago

1 - 20 of 51 Posts