Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Sirius Radio set up for the truck and trying to figure out the best way to route the antenna (magnetic) to the top of the cab. ANy suggestions

Paul

·
Registered
54 Posts
no need to put it all the way up there. i've got sirius in my company truck, '95 f-250 ext cab, and the antennae is up top like the book says it should be. i put sirius in my gen 1 '93 Lightning, and i just put the antennae right behind the fm ant on the wiper cowl. i get just as strong of a signal as i do w/ it on the roof of the f250

but if you're dead set on it, run it up the driver door (front side along the edge), and throw it on top.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
do many of yalls stations have problems skipping and aquiring signal.... my outlaw country comes in perfect but a lot of the other stations i listen to skip way more than they should... and i have a moveable head unit that i move from my work truck to my personal truck which are totally different and the antennas are both near the center of the cabs and not obstructed... just trying to figure out why i have problems on a bunch of channels in two different trucks

·
Registered
54 Posts
no, all of mine come in just fine, although i mainly listen to octane, new country, or raw dog

and speaking of which, i was just in houston last night in the lightning, and everything worked perfect... but then again i wasnt in spring, i was midtown, so it could just be ur area. whats ur signal strength look like?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i'm all over town in my work van... i could get slight static yesterday when the lightning was present and nearby... my octane station skips and most of the others ... for some reason outlaw country never ever does and it's the same with two different antennas on two different vehicles... never checked the signal strength... obvously there are different transponders for each station just like satellite tv... maybe i skipped some part of the set up process or something... i'll mess with it on the way to work :toothless

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you wanted you can mount the antenna in the back on the floor. the fiberglass has no effect on it. my father has his mounted on top of the roll bar under the fiberglass top in his jeep..and it suprisingly always has a full signal...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have both of our antennas (share a single unit between cars) on the dashboard near the drivers A pillar. Works great and only loose signal under big overpasses. That way I can hide the wiring easier behind the dash...

-

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
in the bronco I had it like this

popped the cap off and slid it back some. ran the wire above the headliner into the a-pillar to the glove box

ranger I ran through the third brake light, above the headliner to the A-pillar since I run a plug and play one now and gave my wife the tuner box.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
I have both of our antennas (share a single unit between cars) on the dashboard near the drivers A pillar. Works great and only loose signal under big overpasses. That way I can hide the wiring easier behind the dash...

-
not hard to hide wiring just takes a couple minutes longer in some applications. Only places wires are exposed are where they absolutly cant be hidden due to them connecting. i.e.

here in my ranger

and here

and last the connection for the speaker wires is on the front

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
My alpine sirius tuner should be at my house by the time I get home. I plan on sliding the top back a little like SSgtTex did and run it through the headliner.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I've got the Alpine Sirius tuner for my CDA9883 coming in soon. Anyone know the best way to route the antenna? Most people I've asked use the dash, but what is the best way to route it to the roof if the need arises? I'd like to not have to move the top if possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts