Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lean Sigma Champion class

Has anybody taken this course? I was just informed that I'll be taking this course in the next few weeks. My employer is footing the bill :rockon

Six Sigma Green Belt Training

Just about every process in your organization has at least some problems. As a leader, you know that trying to get personally involved in every problem is impossible. When you provide your employees with Six Sigma Green Belt training, you equip them with a logical and objective way to identify, measure, and eliminate those problems. Suddenly, your employees don't have to just cope with the problems while they wait for you to fix them - they begin to recognize and implement solutions of their own.

A down-to-earth blend of DMAIC project management methods and practical data analysis techniques provide employees at any level of the organization with new ways to contribute to your bottom line. From executive leaders to front-line employees, Six Sigma Green Belt training enhances the way your employees approach their day-to-day work. And when Six Sigma Black and Green Belts are strategically positioned to support each other in the workplace, the improvement potential is limitless!

Green Belt Certification is issued to participants who submit evidence of meaningful contributions to a completed Six Sigma project within 120 days of the completion of formal training.

Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification - $2,800
(2-Phase Program; 5 days of training)
They've got something in mind for me :scratchhe , I can feel it. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
No,seriously,glad to hear it sack,sounds like they're liking what you're bringing.Looks like that inventory control idea is paying dividends.We're going into a 25% budget cut next fiscal and and rumors are swirling about layoffs/forced retirements.I'm heading out june 6 for a 3 day prep for the state wellwater C license,so that's got me feeling better about job security.Making yourself indispensable.That's what it's all about these days.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
My company offers that - I didn't get there yet, but sure as hell am going to take part.

Being a green belt at my work means that you have to find a way to save the company $35k a year.
Being a black belt means that you have to save the company literally $1million a year.

Looks really good on a resume if you ever decide to leave where you are now.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My company offers that - I didn't get there yet, but sure as hell am going to take part.

Being a green belt at my work means that you have to find a way to save the company $35k a year.
Being a black belt means that you have to save the company literally $1million a year.

Looks really good on a resume if you ever decide to leave where you are now.
Already did that......

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130999 :thumbup

Have fun with L.U.N.C.H. and C.L.A.S.S. :toothless
Not sure what you mean by this but breakfast and lunches are free :twotu:
Including beverages too :rockon

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome man. Do you have to save your company an amount that large yearly to keep a green belt title? That's how it is where I work - not sure if it's universal or not. It sounds like a pretty big task if it is.
I have no clue. Last week they sent most of us to a LEAN Management class. Yesterday, my plant manager asked me how I liked the class. I said to him, "well, it was a cool class, but my brain already was thinking like that before the class".

Then he asked me if I was good with numbers. I'm like, "numbers are my gig" :thumbup

Then he says, "so your good with math?" Math was my best subject....

So then he asked if I'd be interested in taking more classes. I'm like absolutely. Then he said, "if I was to put you in charge of a task, you promise me you won't let me down?" Sure thing I said. :thumbup

He came to me today to tell me I start June 1. And he said, "Scott, this is BIG for you".

I'm actually pretty excited. I have so many ideas that I know will work and improve the way our shop runs. It's like the timing on an engine, if it ain't in tune, it won't run properly.

So only time will tell what will come about this. I have no idea if I'm the only one being sent to this class, but they're not gonna foot the bill for just anybody. I've already made a mark. And they realize it.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
So know you know all about Kaizen, lean thinking, etc. Our company went through Lean quite a few years ago. Six Sigma is the next wave. Most of our upper management has been through it. Once you know it, get ready...

I did not partake, because once you do, you are volunteered for all kinds of projects.

Good luck!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So know you know all about Kaizen, lean thinking, etc. Our company went through Lean quite a few years ago. Six Sigma is the next wave. Most of our upper management has been through it. Once you know it, get ready...

I did not partake, because once you do, you are volunteered for all kinds of projects.

Good luck!
Well, I ain't afraid to show them what I've got. I'm not even part of management, but this makes me feel that I might be soon. And I've been nominated for a few projects already, and I haven't let them down yet. The last project, I made their jaws drop. That project was to clean a warehouse that we rent across the street. I don't think that they thought I would have it done in the short time it took me to do it. The place was full of stuff, when I got done it looked empty.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I got the first week done and over with. This class is right up my alley. Problem solving and saving money is what it's about. It actually is a fun class. These three weeks will go by fast.

Today, the BIG CHIEF here at work, seen me and waved me over to him. He asked me if I've been going to the class, and how I liked it. Told him "yes, and this fits me well." "Good", he says, "you'll be putting your learning to work as soon as you're done with class."

Pretty soon I might be trading these uniform blues for some dockers and a white shirt :rockon

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Nice job Scott!
Its always nice to have someone else further your educational/work/employment opportunities.
Even more so in the South East MI area, the automotive industry eats those Green and Black belts up.

I took the Green Belt Class while at FoMoCo, and my Buddy (house I did my lift at/you got those tires) is the go to Six Sigma Black Belt for Ford. I will PM you his email, if you have any questions he will be the guy to ask.

Good luck, your smart and will do fine.
:rockon Congrats
Rob

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Go for it. Get your black belt later if you can. Six Sigma certification is huuuuge to have on your resume with the private sector.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice job Scott!
Its always nice to have someone else further your educational/work/employment opportunities.
Even more so in the South East MI area, the automotive industry eats those Green and Black belts up.

I took the Green Belt Class while at FoMoCo, and my Buddy (house I did my lift at/you got those tires) is the go to Six Sigma Black Belt for Ford. I will PM you his email, if you have any questions he will be the guy to ask.

Good luck, your smart and will do fine.
:rockon Congrats
Rob
Thanks Rob :thumbup

I believe I will be having one of the Black Belt teachers working closely with me for a minute. But will keep that PM just in case I do have any questions.

So you take a class, quit your job and boom you get the magic green belt. I don't see the challenge but good luck.
Who said anything about quiting my job? :scratchhe Hell, I'm probably gonna have my own office now :rockon And the challenge is to rid the waste, and make better product. They say that every process, no matter what the process is, has about 95% waste.

My very good friend that has never ever given me any bad advise tells me, "Scott, the cream always rises to the top. And now, they're scraping the cream off."

I feel really good about this. This might be life changing for me. I will make this work for me and for my employer. I'm not gonna let them down, hopefully my employer doesn't let me down. This is a HUGE step for me seeing as I never even got my diploma, I ended up getting a GED.

I've worked for this company for 13 years. I'm pretty much "LOCKED IN". Married, 2 kids, mortgage, bills, and a resume that is pretty basic keeps me where I'm at. I've always thought about if I would ever move off my current position, is it a dead end job? I've always felt that they don't want anybody else doing the work that I do now, cause nobody compares to me. I take pride in everything that I do. What really brought me into this position (schooling) is my idea that I presented to them in '08. I fixed the biggest, most costly problem that our shop had, just by changing the process. And the funny thing is, back in '07, they posted a maintance position. I was the only one to apply for it. Unfortunely, the head of maintance at that time, hated me and shot me down before he even really gave me an interview. Instead, they hired 2 guys for one position. That was probably a good thing though, because my current plant manager wouldn't of never seen my abilities and I probably wouldn't even be taking this class now. I'm so excited about this ans I feel that I've earned this as well.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
If you make over 35k, (that's your business, i don't really care what you make) so you take the class, drag up, and there you just saved the company your salary for the year so there's the savings and the coveted green belt in your resume and off you go to better places to earm more.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you make over 35k, (that's your business, i don't really care what you make) so you take the class, drag up, and there you just saved the company your salary for the year so there's the savings and the coveted green belt in your resume and off you go to better places to earm more.
Why go anywhere else? My company hasn't ever did me wrong. We are always busier than flys on poop. Technically now, my salary isn't even at 35k if I worked 40 hrs a week all year long, but I work alot of OT so therefore I make a little more. Jump onto careerbuilder.com and do a search for LEAN Sigma champion. Look at what they are starting people out at.:shocked I sure as hell ain't gonna give my talents to my employer for my current wage. I'm sure they will take care of me, I always take care of them. But if they don't take care of me, I'll just have to jump onto the next road in life, plain and simple. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts