Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a family of skunks decided to make my backyard their new home, it looks like there is an adult and 4 or 5 babies. I didnt know skunks did this but they are tearing up my grass. The adult is also sometimes aggressive toward people. I called up animal control and they said they said they dont do anything with skunks, so I called the fish and game and they said that they would not do anything either. So how do you trap them and handle them with out getting sprayed? I thought about shooting them but Im worried about the smell. What would you guys do? Thanks

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Shoot em.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Call PETA, tell them to come take the skunks or you'll run them over with your Bronco. :rofl:

Kidding, but they don't know that. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Shoot em and bag em and get them as far away as you can! Sure they will stink but if you let them sit in the sun for a few days you won't be able to get near them!

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Mosin-Nagant or similar caliber rifle. It will OBLITERATE them.

My Mosin-Nagant is badass and just leaves little puffs of fluff. :D

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
yours and the 300 million other mosins out there mr andrew james,

I would try to trap the skunks if you live somewhere you cant shoot in your yard, otherwise, shoot em

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
They will stink up the place when you shoot them with a pellet gun so don't try that one.... use a higher caliber.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
....any one got pix of what a .50 ca. will do ??? hmmmm.....saw that somewhere, didn't even need the gun....

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
A .22 will get the job done just fine. Hopefully ya got a silencer too if your city has issues with firearms. Good way to handle those shitty crows that sit in the backyard making noise for 2 hours.

·
Registered
409 Posts
poison them.... just make sure you can get to the bodies.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm here to attest that a skunk can be looking you right in the eye and spray with a pin point trajectory. I caught one of them bastards in a live trap and was sneaking up on it from the front with a .22 rifle. I wanted to get close so that I would'nt richocet a bullet. I got about 3-4 feet from him and I'll be damn if he did'nt drop on his ass and stick both legs up in the air and while staring at me, sprayed the shit all over me. My father-in-law wet his pants laughin at his "redneck" son-n-law. To this day he stills wonders where his daughter went astray. I still feel violated from that incident.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
sub sonic .22

Depending how close your nieghbor's are a Nagant can be down right dangerous.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in a some what rural area but in a subdivision, I have a high powered pellet gun that I shoot once in a while if the neighbors arent out. I gotta shoot one so I can get my wife one of those purdy fur hats ha ha. I wish I could use my 22 but I think that might get the cops called on me. Im also just getting on good terms with the neighbors hate to mess that up again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive been killin small shit around my house with CCI .22 short CB caps, cant hear a thing, quiter than a pellet gun.
If you dont live in the city, then just annihilate them with whatever you have.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got one of the small ones. One shot in the head with a pointed pellet. I think this pellet gun shoots like 1100 feet per second.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts