Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The first thing I did was place the rear hanger. I did this so I could better set my shackle angle when positioning the front hanger. I modified the hanger by cutting material off the bottom because it appeared I was going to hit my shackle when mounted in the front hole. I turns out that I ended up using the rearward hole anyway. Oh well. live and learn. It still may prove helpfull in the future if I ever decide to go with longer shackles and use the front hole. If you look close you can see I've done this shackle flip 3 times now. lol

I then placed the front hanger. Notice that I had to drill a center hole. The reason for this is that there is not enough clearance for the leaf in the front and rear holes, it rubs. Had I known this when I ordered the shackles I would have specifically asked Sky to center drill the hanger with a 5/8s hole. Drilling holes this big with a dull bit sucks. Start small.

It appears that I've yet again extended my wheelbase. With my current leaf setup (stock bronco leafs w/ 2 F150 leafs added) it appears I'll clear the tank just fine.

What's your guys oppinion on the driveline? I'm thinking I may have to get it lengthened. It stays around the same length under droop because of the shackle movement.

It now appears the front is slightly taller again. I'm considering redrilling the holes in the front hangers higher up. I'll also be adding an F350 main leaf. I'm not too sure what that will do to the ride height or how many leafs I'll be going with so time will tell.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll probably be getting 2" longer shackles in the future and use the front holes. Or were you talking about the front? I'm running rear leafs front and rear. Flex is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I believe the rear Ford leaf is 57". I'm also running front shackles which keeps the drivetrain in alignment as opposed to out of alignment as shackles rearwards accomplishes under flex. I'm only going to be using the main leaf which isn't much thicker than the bronco leafs which I'll be replacing. I bent a main leaf last time out. And lastly the F350 pack was free. The only difference I can see in the F350 pack is that all the leafs under the main are just as thick as the main leaf. I'm not opposed to using chevy stuff. Just my whole system was built using rear ford leafs front and rear. I don't feel like reinventing the wheel right now.

Also I believe the Chevy rear leafs are 62" or more not 52.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts