Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see most lift companies are well represented on here except for Sky Jacker. Any particular reason why no one uses them? A friend had a SJ Soft Ride on his '86 F150 and it was smooth riding and tough. I am about to purchase a lift and I'd like to know if I should stay away from SJ. Thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
one more week till my SJ kit is on.the only bad thing about SJ is there exspensive. but remember you get what you pay for. i purchased a used lift for $500. no radius arm or rear springs. it came with blocks. so know im investing in softride springs. i think my bill is goign to be another $900 because im still getting odds and ends. every damn bushing/new shocks. which reminds me. i had no idea the lift shocks where just a dampner. im buying new nitro shocks when i have a good set of Hydros. anyone want 4 shocks for a 6inch lift. make me a price. im not goign to need them. oh and the skyjacker blocks i can sell also.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
equivalent said:
one more week till my SJ kit is on.the only bad thing about SJ is there exspensive. but remember you get what you pay for. .
you are right and wrong here. yes SJ is expensive. but just cause you dont pay 1200 bucks for a lift kit doesnt mean you will get crap. I paid 550 for mine new. Granted i should have spent the extra 150 for the new leaf packs, but i didnt have the cash for that. Rough Country has a lift that is identical in strength and parts as some of the more expensive brands like Superlift and is cheaper.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
people havnt talked about them very recently because of the price. you can go with different manufacters and get abotu the same product. with gas prices and people's rigs having problems- they dont allways have the money to fork out for SJ.
but ALOT of guys have them on their rigs- and, as you can see, speak proudly of them.
ace

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. That is good to hear. I can't beleive the price difference though. I thought I was going to go SJ but that would cut into my interior and paint job budgets big time. Looks like I either have to work more over time and/or go cheaper. Actually I'll probably wait until I find a "good deal" a go over the budget anyway.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I would trade my 4" rancho for the 8" skyjacker any day of the week. Not that I dont like the rancho, I just want some more clearance. I would probably say that the 8" skyjacker with all the good options (as in no blocks) is the best kit for the TTB.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Skyjacker Kit Project happening

Hey BillyB, I am currently installing a complete Skyjacker kit w/Hydro shocks. You can see the progress at this thread (click here to see the thread)

The entire kit cost me $1498 which included shipping.

I chose SkyJacker due to ALL of the Off-Road businesses here in Corpus telling me that is the best way to go since FabTech doesn't make a kit that would fit my Bronco.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.