Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me, when using the sky shackle for the flip, does it change the shackle pivot location as it is oriented to the frame? Meaning, does the shackle drop exactly vertically, or does it move forward/backward, to where it was in the upright position?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
it moves i want to say backwards. A zero rate will center it

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, thats wrong, it certainly doesnt move it backwards, otherwise the shackle would be in the wrong direction. when doing a shackle flip, you move along the arc of the spring length, which actually shortens the wheelbase a little bit, a zero rate puts the WB back to stock.

edit: Just called sky, it moves it forwward an inch.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Ok, i was a little confused on that too, thanks

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I knew the zero rate would move it back to stock, and that the axle gets slightly moved. I just didnt know which direction

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but still, your answer was not correct, nor did it really answer what my direct question was. you just reiterated something your read, and didnt really understand. HAD I taken your information as correct, I would have been led in the wrong direction, which would be an inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
the shackle flip moves the axle forward an inch. and actually i believe sky suggests you remove the stock block and use a zero rate with a 3" block to keep everything back to stock location and angle.

·
Registered
191 Posts
when i did the sky flip i have 6in spring so i move the front hnger backward about 2 1/2in. this made the shakle be straight up and down when at full drop and at a 45* angle with waight is on it. i turned the shakles around so they would not bind up. very nice ride and flex. theres a lot of info with the search button.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the shackle flip moves the axle forward an inch. and actually i believe sky suggests you remove the stock block and use a zero rate with a 3" block to keep everything back to stock location and angle.
thats fabulous and I appreciate you telling me to search, but you still didnt answer my question

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,691 Posts
You all are wrong! Hes not talking about axle location. Read more closely before you answer.

If you have done the flip, then you know just by looking at the two hangars, that the Sky bracket brings the TOP of the shackle in, or more towards the front of the truck, by ~1", in order to correct (somewhat) the shackle angle. Its not enough to get a perfect angle, but its better than what the alternative would be.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
both..... There are two holes on the shackle kit. The one towards the front moves the SHACKLE forward an inch, as well as your axle.... The second one is an inch back. This is on the mount.. If you look at my SAS thread you will see the picture(green shackle) where it has the two holes on it., bottom of page 3......

my SAS thread here http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116917&page=3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts