Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious why no one ever talks about the skykacker 8" lift?
is it because running size 38(my guess as to what 8" would allow) would put too much stress on the suspension compents and axles or what not.

just curious: what if someone went with the 8" lift but stuck with 35-36" tires and just used the extra room for flex? would that have any advantages or am i just talkin outta my a$$

(prob a n00b question, but its from a n00b lol)

thanks

eric

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Raf ran this lift before he went through the current build up. Ask him his opinion on the lift...:goodfinge

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
i guess we dont talk about it because not alot of people buy it. everyone just goes solid axle if they want 35/37+

i dont see how the 8 could be any more stressful on the parts than a 4 or 6 if you are running the same tires. maybe if you flex too much, but with skyjacker's stiff ass springs, that prob wont be a prob.

what about getting a smaller lift (cause its cheaper) and sawzalling the fenders a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
tuff country

Gearhead....
How do you like your tough country lift??
and exactly which one did you get and how did you raise the rear?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i bought mine about 7 years ago. i like it. just wish i got a 6" instead of a 4. the brackets are very solid. it rides great. i have the stock radius arms, so my front end doenst flex the greatest.
i did a shackle flip in the back, and used the brakets from sky. also used the stock spring. rides great. flexs awsome.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the Skyjacker 8" lift before I went SAS. I am still using the skyjacker front springs. I had it on my TTB for over a year with no problems. I have 38's but I also have the fender flares. Plenty of room to flex. The kit rides pretty soft, I also have the skyjacker rear springs. The only issue I had was driveshafts. I went through about 3 Tom Wood's shaft in about a year. I have a High Angle Driveline shaft on the truck now and NO problems for the 8 months I have had it. Good luck!

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
bbbbronco,
do you have any pics of your ride? both with and without the different lifts, just sounds ncie and was wondering

wes

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got the Skyjacker 6" lift on my Bronco. It rides really nice. Oh, it works pretty well too. I would recomend it for a TTB lift. Drop down brackets could be beefier though. Works for me . see avitar;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
84excursion?

Why did you take of the lift? Is it bad? If not are you wanting to sell it? It is for a ttb system correct? Thanks.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
GearHead said:
i know shane likes his that he runs on his black bronco.
he's got 38's and seems to have plenty of room. as far as flex. its still a ttb.
Yup, he's right...no complaints here...Thats the rig pictured in my sig line, and I haven't had drive shaft issues....yet (knock on wood):beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts