Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 90 fsb,
bought a skyjacker steering stabilizer says to attach it to the frame no frame holes like they say that fit the 5/16th post on the stabilizer or my bolts. any idea how to hook it up or input on it. i really don't want to drill holes into my frame

on a side note anyone have any ideas on if it will improve drivability running with no sway bar??

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
on a side note anyone have any ideas on if it will improve drivability running with no sway bar??
No, it will not improve drivability by removing the sway bars. On the road in turns, without the anti-sway bars you will.... well, sway. Why do you think they came as OEM from the factory?

Removing the sway bars is in search of more articulation sought after by higher tier off-roaders. Those that remove anti-sway bars and drive on-road take turns more slowly due to reduced traction on all four tires.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank u just woundering what exactly it does then?? I took the sway bar off up here in Washington trails are pretty knarley

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would strongly recommend against installing the stabilizer. They are notorious for masking issues, and are always a bandaid repair. In other words, if you need one to fix an issue you are having, you are not fixing the real problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
recommendations on a new suspension lift?? I heard foxs are pretty good and most have no problem driving without a sway bar running larger tires ?? input would be nice

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would strongly recommend against installing the stabilizer. They are notorious for masking issues, and are always a bandaid repair. In other words, if you need one to fix an issue you are having, you are not fixing the real problem.

Hmm even when they come from the factory with one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts