Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the contractor's that i hired out at work and i got into a conversation about Bronco's (we happened to be in the garage by mine)

He said he used to own a Bronco, and had a skyjacker lift kit for it. 7 Inches total lift (4 suspension and 3 body) and he would sell it to me for $300.00. I would probably end up selling the body lift, but install the suspension lift.

I didn't really get much detail and said i would talk to him later about it. In my mind it's worth the $300.00. So my question is, who is running a skyjacker here, and what do you think of it?

I am probably going to call him back on monday and go take a look at it, he said it is "complete", so i want to see what it consists of.

Let me hear your opinions

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rob-
My 91 has a Skyjacker 4" lift on it, was on it when I bought the truck. The drop brackets for the front all seem to be fairly well made. The only thing I don't like is the use of blocks in the rear, but my lazy ass hasn't taken the truck up to Zanesville to have new spring packs made up.

If ya want, you're more then welcome to run down this way and take a look at it

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Grab it. That's like half price for the lift kit, and if its the system (rear leaves included) then hell yeah even better.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if it did come with the blocks, i wouldn't put them on, i'd do a sky shackle flip, or do an add-a-leaf.

Jimz, where do you work on your bronc? Mine doesn't fit in the garage stock (31's) and i need a warm dry place to put this thing on if i get it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
Jimz, where do you work on your bronc? Mine doesn't fit in the garage stock (31's) and i need a warm dry place to put this thing on if i get it.

I've got a 40x60 garage with 10 foot ceilings and gas heat--I can work all winter, nice & toasty:thumbup Hell, the garage also has it's own bathroom, fridge, microwave, washer & dryer--perfect for if I piss the wife off too bad.

Bring it on down--you're more then welcome to use it (as long as you don't mid a nosy dog checking to see what you are doing)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Is it Class 1 or Class 2? I'm guessing for $300 it's C1.

I have the Class 2 brackets on my F150 and I like 'em. Seem to be pretty beefy, haven't taken them off-road and bashed them against anything yet so that's why I say beefy. I have the C1 radius arm drop brackets on also. Don't care too much for them being cast if I'm not mistaken, but them suckers are beefy. Don't seem them breaking too easily on anything other than a collision at 60mph+.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts