Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Skyler Soft top in as is condition. Tan, with all hardware pictured - cab and bedside brackets, bow, jackbar, jackbar straps. Will need the chrome brackets that hold the bow and the loops for the jack bar straps, which should both be easily found at marine supply stores, and some adhesive backed velcro for the tailgate (any good hardware store or HD/Lowes).

I bought this top from a local guy on craigslist and have no use for it as I have a Kayline Soft top. It was stored in his garage and the mice got to it so there are some holes in the rear portion of the vinyl and it will need to be repaired. Its a major downer as the rest of the top is in great shape. The rear window is tinted and the vinyl is a tan/mocha color. The upright portion of the top with the rear window is excellent, but the mice chewed a hole in the rolled up portion of the "flat" part of the top that goes over the rear portion of the truck like a tonneau cover.

I had a boat upholester friend of mine look at it and she thought it would be easiest to sew a new portion of vinyl over the rear of the top and go right over the existing vinyl so as not to have to remake the corners or resew the velcro along the perimeter. She estimated it to cost about $200 to do this.

Top is in its original box and ready to ship. - $300 OBO plus shipping

More pictures available at link below, click next...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/688140

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it needs work, but its all there. Help me clean out my garage and pay for my 8.8 rebuild...

·
Registered
45 Posts
is that fast trac top on your sm still for sale

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, long gone.

Buy this one instead! :toothless

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Soft top season is approaching...Bump

·
Registered
97 Posts
did you ever have it repaired over the winter like you said originally? I'd be willing to meet in the boston area. Let me know man! I'm pretty motivated to buy and looking to purchase soon!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump! Bringing this one back from the dead.

Still have the top. Its been taped up in its original box in my basement for the last four years and I don't see myself doing anything with it anytime soon. Still has the mice damage, but these things are getting scarce. Plenty of time over the winter to have it repaired and ready to go come spring time!

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks for looking!

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,909 Posts
you paid more than that with 3 large holes in the top? if you want more probably should get it fixed and then try to sell it.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you paid more than that with 3 large holes in the top? if you want more probably should get it fixed and then try to sell it.
When I bought this 4 or 5 years ago these were going for $700-$900 on ebay, so it was a good deal at the time. Besides, nobody was making soft tops at that point, despite all the talk by JBG and others on here at the time.

If no one wants it I'll keep it and eventually get it fixed. Still would love to see it on my Bronco.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
if you get it fixed correctly you prolly will get what you originaly paid for it before the damage

I had a boat upholester friend of mine look at it and she thought it would be easiest to sew a new portion of vinyl over the rear of the top and go right over the existing vinyl so as not to have to remake the corners or resew the velcro along the perimeter. She estimated it to cost about $200 to do this.
laying another piece of canvas over the original one will look like poop and would not be fixed correctly only a hack would do this

sombody that knows how to sew can use the original piece as a template and replace the damaged stuff including building the corners like OEM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts