Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, automatic, 3.55 gears
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are these tops any good? I found a used one in good shape. He's asking $150.
Asphalt Rectangle Beige Concrete
Motor vehicle Tire Pickup truck Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
482 Posts
As the President said in 2016, "What do you have to lose?" $150 isn't going to break the bank, but I have to agree that, while it looks cool, it doesn't seem very practical.

·
Registered
1991 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, automatic, 3.55 gears
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought too, only $150 and I can resell it if doesn't work for me. I mostly run with the top off during the summer, this should keep the bed area covered and dry for those summer pop up showers.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,403 Posts
Skyler is a long-gone manufacturer and nobody makes that style any longer. They are very sought after and if I were you I'd buy it regardless of whether I wanted to use it or not as it's worth much more than $150 if it is in usable shape.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,399 Posts
I have that style from STC which went out of biz in 2007 and I won't let it go. I love it as I don't use the back bed of my 78 with the exception of an occasional load during a move. I've had it since '06 and I've only had to replace 1 snap.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,961 Posts
Naw, nobody wants those old things anymore. Pass on it. Btw, do you have a link to the ad? Or the guy's phone number. Not that I'd want one. 😁

Seriously, that's one of those "holy grail" parts where lots of people are looking for them. At least if it's in useable condition. Someone oughta use one as a pattern to make some more. Congrats on the rare find. 👍

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,355 Posts
Buy buy buy! What else does the guy have? Lol.

As stated, very rare and fairly desired. You could re sell for double and all parties would be happy.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,248 Posts
Somebody needs to get ahold of one of those and use it to template a remake.
BUY IT! If you don't like it... somebody around here will take it off your hands.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's what I thought too, only $150 and I can resell it if doesn't work for me. I mostly run with the top off during the summer, this should keep the bed area covered and dry for those summer pop up showers.
that's a good point. it would also be easier to put on when it's parked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts