Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry but those tops look like trash. No offense to anyone but I did say SKYLER soft tops.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
I have the tonno top it is great i will post pics when i get it on the truck this season.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
here is mine just now put it on the bronc
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
dam those pics make my bronc look nice

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
ak_fury said:
I am sorry but those tops look like trash. No offense to anyone but I did say SKYLER soft tops.
That's a matter of opinion, and ya know, opinions are like A-holes...everyones got one.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Justshootme84: I have an 86 & live in SOCAL and I like that Bronco pickup style you have. How did you set it up so clean without the snaps? How much weight did you lose taking the shell off? How much was the top if you don't mind me asking? It really looks trick for the beach out here.

Thanks!

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
JKossarides said:
How did you set it up so clean without the snaps?
Skyler soft tops dont have snaps they use velcro.

But as said STC bought Skyler and stooped production of the Skyler style top.

STC only makes there top with snaps.

So the only way to get a Skyler is to buy a used one.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
JKossarides said:
Justshootme84: I have an 86 & live in SOCAL and I like that Bronco pickup style you have. How did you set it up so clean without the snaps? How much weight did you lose taking the shell off? How much was the top if you don't mind me asking? It really looks trick for the beach out here.

Thanks!

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

The Skyler top only has 4 snaps along the cab area, and is secured with velcro all the way around. I have some mounting pics at SFO. The hardtop weighs 120 lbs. A new top from Skyler prior to going out of business was $610. I bought this one slightly used for $350 from the classifieds at Ford Truck World.

My current dilema is how to retain the top with my S&W rollcage. The big holdup is finding a pair of 0.500" tubing clamps to attach the rear support braces (kickers) to the main cage. By making these removeable, I can use the top for normal driving, but can quickly install the kickers for racing or a trail run. With the clamps being 1/2" thick, they are plenty strong for the cage. Look for an update on the cage soon, it's almost complete, just getting some welds dressed up and the cage painted to re-install it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why doesnt STC just use skylers top if they bought them out? The Skyler tops looks superior thans STC's version.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I believe that Skyler Corp. is still technically for sale. STC (Specialty Top Company) bought out Kayline, which is the other top that uses snaps. STC stopped making new tops last year due to low demand, but was reported to start up again this Spring of 2006. I have one of the Kayline/STC tops for my 86 Bronco, too, that I bought off of ebay. It's sitting in a box until I get some parts like a new tailgate, rims, exhaust manifold, etc. etc. JSM84

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Justshootme84 said:
I believe that Skyler Corp. is still technically for sale. STC (Specialty Top Company) bought out Kayline, which is the other top that uses snaps.
I stand corrected.

ak_fury said:
Why doesnt STC just use skylers top if they bought them out? The Skyler tops looks superior thans STC's version.
Skylers tops also costed about twice as much as STC's tops.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts