Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sliders for the Colorado Group buy have been shipped and are on their way. :chili: I thought it would be good to start this thread to discuss logistics for getting everyone their stuff and toss around the idea of a get together to drill holes and mount them up. I would be up for hosting the install get together when the weather gets warmer.

It might be good to first post up where you are at, so we can get a handle on who is in the Springs, Metro area and northern part of the state. I'll start, so you all have a frame of reference - I'm on the south side of the metro area, about 1.5 miles from the intersection of C-470 and University.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Hey Ricardo, was Chris (Broncoboy) involved with this too? Did his get shipped directly to him (in Oh Canada)?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm in Colorado Springs, more or less at Academy and Austin Bluffs.

Another piece of info we may want to gather is who will be painting theirs? I ordered mine uncoated. Am intending to paint them tan like the bottom portion of my EB edition. Anyone else?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shipper called this afternoon and work kept me from getting back to them:banghead I'll give them a call in the morning.

Shadofax - yup Chris is on this. His sliders are being shipped here with the rest of them. He has a line on how to get them from me to him.

I also ordered mine unfinished and will be painting them before mounting. I'm still not quite decided as to black or white on the color.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke with the shipper this morning. They will be delivering between 11 and 3 on Monday, the 14th.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The shipper called this afternoon and work kept me from getting back to them:banghead I'll give them a call in the morning.

Shadofax - yup Chris is on this. His sliders are being shipped here with the rest of them. He has a line on how to get them from me to him.

I also ordered mine unfinished and will be painting them before mounting. I'm still not quite decided as to black or white on the color.
Black! :thumbup would look best imo.

I am pretty jealous of you all and your sliders. Wish I could of got some.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'll only be able to mount my passenger side until I get the cash to redo my exhaust, should look amazing with only one slider.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
why don't u just run the pipe till the bend then cut it I'm sure you could fit or fab something up for them to fit
That would result in me having essentially an open header on the driver side. I have long tubes and right after the collector they bend up and follow the frame rail on the outside.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife just called and there is a pallet of sliders sitting in my garage. I'll take some pics when I get home tonight and post them up. :thumbup

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are here!!!!

Wow - 6 pairs of sliders.

One with a nice step platform.

All with the special notch:

and mounting hardware:

Guys - these things are beefy. Boondock - you rock :rockon

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just and update. Chris, yours are on the way, check your e-mail for the tracking number. For the Colorado Springs crowd, I'm meeting Jason at the Monument park and ride tomorrow morning to get the sliders to him.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
They do look very nice.

One thing I will mention...Not sure why 6 bolts are used per leg to frame. That is 12 holes drilled into your frame per side if you are not welding (I did not). I'm not sure why you possibly need more than 4 bolts per leg, 8 per side. Don't drill holes in the frame that you don't have to....my 02

1 - 20 of 46 Posts