Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody re-notched a bucket seat so it will slide further back? Can this be done and has anybody done it?(saw nothing in the search!) I have high shoulder OEM buckets in an 84'. I'm 6'5" eating the steering wheel!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,075 Posts
Why not just remount the brackets moving them further back?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BUT THERES A HUMP JUST AFTER THER FRONT BRACKET SO IF I DID THAT IT WOULD BE PERMENTLY TILTED BACK....

I KNOW ITS A WEIRD POST.... JUST SEEING IF ANYBODY HAD TROUBLE FITTING LIKE ME AS FAR AS LEG ROOM AND I'M NOT EVEN FAT!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
might try the newer captian seats they sit farther back. i was eating the wheel in my 83 but the new seats i need to run one click up from full rear extend ot i miss the pedals. plus the arm rests are very nice...mike

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
DHWINN said:
Has anybody re-notched a bucket seat so it will slide further back? Can this be done and has anybody done it?(saw nothing in the search!) I have high shoulder OEM buckets in an 84'. I'm 6'5" eating the steering wheel!

What are you driving a bronco 2 i am 6'7 and 320 and i am fine in my truck plenty of room

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it's a fullsize, just feel too close to the wheel. I know the newer models 90's and up sit a lot better for tall guys.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
ive sat in both. unless you got bench seat. now those suck cause they are right there.

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
Personally, I'd like more rearward tilt in the seat base - I feel like it supports my legs better. But if you don't, just build some brackets that lift the seat evenly, AND shift the mounting points rearward. You should have no trouble fitting them between the factory tilt brackets & the seat base.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
new seats in my opinion is the way to go, got mine from a 99 f-150, mounted them on the stock brackets, as far foward as i could on the sean an now i sit a little higher and a little farther back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts