Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
They had sliding glass window seals for sale about 5 years ago and they were $250.00 back then, bought a set but have yet to install them. I wonder if they make a limited quantity, see how they sell and then make more as demand/inquires deem so - demand and supply.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just bothers me that it just says 1 instead of 1 pair. My luck I would order them and only get 1 side.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I ordered a set Friday and UPS is saying to be delivered Monday. I hate that it has to have the lock trim. All DC offers is the chrome plastic. Steele Rubber Products may offer it in black. Also they may carry the flocked slider tracks.

I needed the latches so I ordered the latches for the truck rear slider window. Hope to make those work.

PR on the end of the part number means Pair.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered a set Friday and UPS is saying to be delivered Monday. I hate that it has to have the lock trim. All DC offers is the chrome plastic. Steele Rubber Products may offer it in black. Also they may carry the flocked slider tracks.

I needed the latches so I ordered the latches for the truck rear slider window. Hope to make those work.

PR on the end of the part number means Pair.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the lock trim either. Thanks for the info on the part # I didn't see that.

I just placed my order. I didn't want to miss out on this because who knows when the next production run will be.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still in the gathering parts stage to get the topper redone. It has a small crack in it that needs fiberglass repair and I want to LineX it black. It would be nice to do all that at the same time.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Figures that two weeks after I order mine they run a 10% off sale for Memorial Day.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Figures that two weeks after I order mine they run a 10% off sale for Memorial Day.
I thought the same thing! Then I thought what do I need that I can take advantage of the sale.
Look honey I saved $20 by buying this $200 dress.
:histerica
I really do need to go through and inventory all my new OEM and DC weathering stripping so I know what I need. Saving it till after the Bronco is painted.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought the same thing! Then I thought what do I need that I can take advantage of the sale.
:histerica
I really do need to go through and inventory all my new OEM and DC weathering stripping so I know what I need. Saving it till after the Bronco is painted.

Haha I could easily spend another $200 in weatherstripping but there is so much other stuff I need right now.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I ordered a set 5 years ago from dennis, got two rights, called then and they said that was all they had, gave me a refund, i kept one right and got a use one from bronco gaveyard. They still are in good shape and no plastic filler.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I bought a set of DC sliding window seals back in the spring. Costly$$$! I was very pleased with the quality not like some of the clone rubber out there. I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on fit but I have no doubt they will be a perfect replacement. My only complaint is the locking strip is only available in chrome. I have searched other sources but the locking strip shape and size is different than what others offer for window seal locking strip.

Rocket is looking for the felt lined track lining. There is not a direct replacement available from Bronco part suppliers. However there are generic sources of the track available that will work with modifications. Search here for the thread on rebuilding sliding windows for sources. Unfortunately the pictures may be gone but links should be good. I may have saved the thread as a PDF. Will look this weekend for it. Will post a link for if I find it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts