·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Yes i am looking for the track weather stripping
I think i found something that will work, last part of the restoration

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I searched and so far I have not saved a PDF of the original rebuild thread. Here is a link to the thread minus the pics (Thanks Photosucket). I checked the part reference links and they do work so looks like the sources for parts are still good. I haven't given up on finding the saved PDF.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/212090-78-79-sliding-window-rebuild.html

Also do an advanced search using Sliding Windows searching thread titles. In one of the threads you will find a link to Steve83 Supermotors pictures of sliding windows. Some details there as well.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
SUCCESS!!! One vital tech thread revived from the ashes!!! I have updated the rebuild tech article with links to my archived PDF of the original thread with the much needed pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know this in an old post....does anyone know if these are still in stock anywhere? I've sent an email to DC but am waiting on a reply.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,203 Posts
need more details. are you looking for the whole slider window and gaskets or just a good set of gaskets?
Also... this is the '78/'79 section and I'm pretty sure those sliders are different but gaskets may or may not be adaptable for the '83 listed in your details.

:shrug
I just found these reading around when you kicked this one back up, so I'm going to post the direct link here for '78/'79 rear sliding window gaskets.
https://www.macsautoparts.com/early_ford_bronco/body-side-window-seals-rubber-used-on-sliding-windows-with-chromed-plastic-window-mouldings-right-and-left.html

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure if I want to rebuild the windows/sliding tracks or just go softopper on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I was able to get my windows fixed the best I could, in hind sight I would have attempted to replace them with the one piece glass.

·
Registered
329 Posts
LOL, I would do the same. I actually took one window to a auto glass shop that works on hot rod and stuff. They fixed the window and reinstalled it for $136. in one day. Pretty cool. There is a thread on here tittled Rebuilding Sliding Windows from 2012 (I think) and this shop used some of those very parts.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
I keep walking past a FS Jimmy in the JY with a perfect set of sliders, with intact wing assemblies. I just cry inside because I know they wont fit a bronco.

There is an aerostar there too, and Ive heard of someone making the windows from those work.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts