·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sliding Windows for 80-96 Broncos
Price:
I have two sets of sliding rear windows for sale. RELISTING
Location seacoast NH:
ZIP CODE 03042:
Will you Ship? YES and shipping is probably 50 bucks or so.
Method of shipment (UPS, FedEx, etc):
Payment method (PayPal or cash, no euros or looneys):
Heres the deal.

Set 1 = $175
Decent shape, decent tint, old felts. Felts are older than old and probably cracked in places but they work. Windows slide and latch. No fat rubber gasket thingus.

Set 2 = $200
Decent Shape, decent tint, one window has old original felt. The other on has new felt that is tight when sliding the window. This set also includes a new 8 foot section of JCWhitney window felt that is still in the bag. I put it in one window and it was really tight, you can shave down more rubber off the felt or deal with it. Or find some felts that work. So, to recap this set has one tight PITA window with new felt, one old felted window and a new strip of felt.
I would continue to fool with it and make it work if i were keeping these. Also, this set ships with the fatty rubber gasket that goes around these into the topper.

I would imagine these probably cost 50 bucks a set to ship.

As you can tell there aint much different between the two sets other than one comes with *new* albeit pain in the ass felts and the other is old, crusty, but operational felts.

Others have had better luck with these same new felts. Here is a discussion highlighting my complete lack of patience with these felts.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104413&highlight=sliding&page=2

I know the right sized felts are out there somewhere, either for a pickup sliding window or sliding window for a camper shell, somewhere they exist. These windows are no longer manufactured and in 20 years they will probably be worth a mint.

Useful info:
Steves installation instructions.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/2742/12740

They are not new, but they look decent. And if you have time to powder coat these and find new felts than you will have some damn nice windows.
Or, you can paint them to suit your needs since you don't see much of the frames when the massive rubber seals are on them.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Me likey
Me Want
Me have no Money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts