Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I never planned on using my hardtop again, I've been wanting to cut it up, to use it for a halfcab conversion. Since I was recently able to give away the windows from it, I decided yesterday was as good a day as any, to cut up the top. 10 minutes later, this is how it looks -

As much as I almost like the looks of how it is now, the back section will be molded into the front. I'll also be fabricating a frame, to set in a pickup window, and figure out the bottom half later on

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
looks reatrded like that...no offense. I say take the top off, or leave it on, or get a soft top. I just think the half cab looks stupid. but that my opinion, and opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imlikeojnow said:
looks reatrded like that...no offense. I say take the top off, or leave it on, or get a soft top. I just think the half cab looks stupid. but that my opinion, and opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one
Don't apologize, I never expected everyone to like it... I'm not Blown, ya know :histerica I don't even expect any one person to like it. It's my truck, I have to drive it, you just have to look at it :goodfinge

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
David..
Maybe you thought about this already...if so Excuse me.

Why wouldnt you just use your existing tailgate glass and fab a bottom. Seems to me it would be relatively simple, cheap, and quicker than making a pickup window frame.

either way, I like the looks so far...Atleast the concept is cool.

However I like odd things.:toothless

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks cool but your camera sucks

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's my phone! I know it sucks :goodfinge

And yeah, Tom, I had thought about that, and might still do that. I have a couple tailgates to use. One is complete, and I could just cut off the inside half of the gate. ultimately, it'll depend on what it ends up weighing. I removed the tailgate in the first place, to save weight. And while I'm putting some of it back, I still want to keep the weight gain to a minimum

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
axaviere said:
i knew a gal once a while back... hers i dont recall ever smelling at all
AHHHHHH she was one of the good ones. but i did say "almost".

i wasnt gonna go there tho.......wanted to......but didnt

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
maybe take the outer skin of the tailgate off and redo it on the outside.....make it snug and weaterproof.....
but keep all the internals so the window will still go up and down. that would be different fer sure

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh, it looks goofy now, but this is the end result I'm shooting for -

Might still be funny looking, but I'll be the only fullsize Bronco with a halfcab and rear sliding window :toothless

Heh, joe, that's the idea I was explaining to locopony's post ;)

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
davids78bronco said:
Yeh, it looks goofy now, but this is the end result I'm shooting for -

Might still be funny looking, but I'll be the only fullsize Bronco with a halfcab and rear sliding window :toothless

Heh, joe, that's the idea I was explaining to locopony's post ;)
i may still chop my extra top like that... but i've been enjoying keeping the sun off my neck like this... it looks a little silly but i'm used to it now... and the convenience is great s far as rain and sun goes.... thought about making xome snap in plexis for the side and a bulkhead for the back using the orig window

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
i think it looks pretty cool, dave. a good friend of mine did that to a Range Rover Classic. cut the roof off to the backs of the front doors, then molded the rear window section to the back of the doors, effectively making it a half cab. then he diamond plated the bed behind the lifting window. i'll see if i can dig up any pictures

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
david, why are you going so close up to the back of the cab?? it seems kinda pointless for it to be so short, but maybe you can enlighten me

·
6,012 Posts
MuddyBronco13 said:
david, why are you going so close up to the back of the cab?? it seems kinda pointless for it to be so short, but maybe you can enlighten me
if he's thinkin like i was... then it's so a stock window can be slid up into it... and it gives it more of a finished look compared to trying to fab your own stuff outta metal or what not

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bingo. I had given thought to cutting it like Jeff had done here, but I don't need that much cab space, since I got rid of my rear seat, and I didn't want to F with making windows, then trying to finger out to seal them in. With the halfcab done like this, I'll still have plenty of space behind the seats for whatever I need. And, with the rear sliding window, I can have that "cool" factor. Also, since removing the stock heater, I'll be building in a smaller one, and will need a way to close off the cab, should I decide to head out on any winter runs

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
both of those are just hella cool. I think I would roll the way BBJ is, but I may need a place to throw a kid one day. definately look like some cool projects though.

·
6,012 Posts
rugerp89ipsc said:
both of those are just hella cool. I think I would roll the way BBJ is, but I may need a place to throw a kid one day. definately look like some cool projects though.
it's gonna look goofy when i put a cage in.... those damn things complicate everything

1 - 20 of 29 Posts