Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

I have searched here and googled this question, but when I give it 3/4 throttle in my 95 bronco with auto tranny with a 302, my low end accel is terrible the it takes right off around 35 mph?? What causes this? I thought timing, but I am at a lose as of now. There is no stumble and no strange jerking. I am flooring it, but the truck doesnt realize it until around 35 mph. Maybe the tranny?? Help me out guys.:whiteflag At first I thought wow what a stall convertor, then realized it was not right haha.

·
Registered
252 Posts
well i know if i dont push it all the way it starts in second. and i push it farther is downshifts, so mase sounds like ur first gear is out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I will move when I go wot, but the truck seems to be sluggish. Its not like it doesnt move at all. Its just eases through what I am assuming is 1st, then accels normally. Its only down low, it wont do this when I am cruising. Maybe I'm just too used to my Z lol.

·
Registered
252 Posts
yeah thats how i was at first. i was like gooo and nothing. theres a guy on here who is makin like 500 hp and 400 tq tho.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
instead of telling us what "speeds" it feels gutless at, how about what rpm range?

for instance, lock it in second, and watch the tach and you speed up, see what rpm it starts to pull at. also see at what rpm it's shifting, and count the shifts (to see if it's using first and stuff) be sure you have plenty of trans fluid.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not a normal accel. I really doubt its just the torque curve, but who knows til I drive it and report back. I am going to give the engine a once over soon and replace plugs, wires, etc. So we shall see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts