Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bronco is starting to come together.

I got all of the maintenace stuff out of the way and now I am focusing on three areas.

1) The exhaust ( have read all the threads and thanks for the info and input )

2) A 3" body lift ( yeah I know, but I am doing the suspension later )

3) New custom bumpers ( thank god the F.I.L owns a welding shop )

The lift is being put in on Monday and after I get it installed it will dictate the placement of my exhaust. I plan on keep the pipe tucked up real high or even altering the fender to have it exit through the fender about 2" above the bottom of the fender lip. This should make water travel alot less tricky and it will make the side profile real clean looking.

Once the body height has been determined then I will focus on my father in law and his ability to make the bumpers I want. I am thinking of a slightly different configuration and I will post a pic once that evolves.

Anyhow it is getting pretty exciting, especially thinking about the eventual 6" suspension lift I am planning on with 35's.

Waited 5 years to be able to do a Bronco up, nice to see it going down.

Jeff

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
hey jeff if you do a 6" lift and the 3" body lift are you worried about how the 35's are gonna look.

again just for the fact that i'm only a few steps ahead of you, but i have solid 44 and my 6" kit waiting to go in, and i want to run 36's cuz i think 35's are gonna look too small.

i want to hear your take on this as well

oh and btw it's great to see your truck coming together too. can't wait to see the progress pics. have fun with the body lift, it can be a real pita

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little concerned with 35's and the way they will look, but I think I will know better once I lay a set up against the vehicle.

The body lift is being done through our shop, so I think I will be okay there....cause I know they are not fun.

Thanks for the support :)

Jeff

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
always, i can't wait till you have your rig done and we head out on trail together. sadly i might have to put my project on hold for a bit as there is just too much going and work is just too retarded. but i'm sure you can relate to my pain in that aspect as well ;)

also once the truck has gone through the shop can you take some pics of the t-case linkage for me so i can see what they did to adapt it and get it to work. i won't even tell you how mine is held together right now (blush)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<-- Push Button TC

Lift is going in Monday, I am gonna try and find out what the approximate height after the suspension lift will be and then guage tire size.

I might only go off-roading once a month, so I might be able to get away with taller than 35" tires. My fear is that the bigger the tire the more the breakage, so I will have to way that as well.

Too many other things to worry about in the meantime and yes work is one of them :)

Jeff

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool!

It would be a blast to get together to do some wheeling.

We'll see how fast my rig gets mutilated...um modified to do the job right.

Kitty you could go out anytime after seeing your profile it looks like you rig is good anytime.

Jeff

p/s Bronco our rigs look scary similar lol.

·
Registered
623 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
Cool!

It would be a blast to get together to do some wheeling.

We'll see how fast my rig gets mutilated...um modified to do the job right.

Kitty you could go out anytime after seeing your profile it looks like you rig is good anytime.

Jeff

p/s Bronco our rigs look scary similar lol.

THEY ARE THE SAME LOL! :thumbup

LATE 87'S

I'LL be out your way on friday AM got some stuff to take care of . Probably be in Edson for 2-4 hours. Maybe we can hook up for a coffee :thumbup

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
The lift is being put in on Monday and after I get it installed it will dictate the placement of my exhaust. I plan on keep the pipe tucked up real high or even altering the fender to have it exit through the fender about 2" above the bottom of the fender lip. This should make water travel alot less tricky and it will make the side profile real clean looking.

Years ago I had a customer that had a <cough> pretty cool Blazer <cough>. He had a body lift in it and ran the exhaust up between the body and the frame, straight out the back; real slick.

Don't know if you've seen my set-up, but this should give you some ideas on the exit:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'LL be out your way on friday AM got some stuff to take care of . Probably be in Edson for 2-4 hours. Maybe we can hook up for a coffee
Stop by Jerry Ford in the AM and have me paged to the showroom from reception and I can give you a tour. It is hard for me to commit to leaving at anytime during work hours, but it would be good to meet ya.

Don't know if you've seen my set-up, but this should give you some ideas on the exit:
I saw your exhaust exit before and it looks good!

I have planned something real similar. The only difference is that I want to exit in the center of the rear quarter section thats located above where the factory exhaust would normally exit. That 20 inch stretch of body tin is rusted and if I have to cut it out and change it I may as well alter it at the same time to give the clearance you have.

Good job.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
I have planned something real similar. The only difference is that I want to exit in the center of the rear quarter section thats located above where the factory exhaust would normally exit. That 20 inch stretch of body tin is rusted and if I have to cut it out and change it I may as well alter it at the same time to give the clearance you have.
Cool. Can't wait to see it when it is done. I wanted to do it back there, but the rear shackle is in the way, so I had to settle for up front.

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
Cool!

awwwwwwwwwww thanks jeff

i feel so incredibly stock still though :banghead

oh well i'm having fun with the truck and that's all that matters............ it's not how it's built it's how you drive it right :thumbup

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
wish that my trans was working.... I'd come west and play with you guys.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the body lift is off, the horns up by the rad are getting kinda rusty.

I told the mechanic to skip it and I am just going with the 6" suspension lift itself. Kinda screws with the exhaust and bumper plans I had, but what do you do.

/sigh

Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.