Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the e40d. Its so tempermental. It can be awesome, or suck...depengding on how hard the wind is blowing.

I was looking through summit last night, and stumbled upon shift kits. Are they worth the 40 or 50 bucks for them? I know both Transgo and B&M make kits for our trannies... How hard is the install? Is it something i could do myself? Most likely in my driveway?

Heres a link to the Description of the transgo: http://www.transgoperformance.com/fordauto.html

B&M:
http://www.bmracing.com/

I know B&M has a bigger repuatation, But i dont know if that means they are better or not. Also, What about B&M's electroni shift "Enhancer" I know allcruisen has one, But, Are they worth the 50 bucks for it? Do they do the same thing, or are they a crock of crap?

Sorry for all the dumba$$ questions again....I dont know who to ask for honest answers besides you guys.

:goodfinge :goodfinge :beer

·
Registered
871 Posts
I bought the electronic one but never installed. I heard that it was ok for the later years, but the early years had burn up issues. Looks like yours is a '94 and should have the updates, if you want to give the electronic one a try, I'll sell it for $20 + ship. I bought it from AC for $29 + ship.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trans-go is the original company that makes shift kits. They are hands down the best and they trademarked the term shift kit. As for b&m there shift inprover kits are junk but there transpac shift kits are ok. I would never own a muscle car without a shift kit but, on a truck there only good for increaseing transmission life a small amount.

·
College User
2,015 Posts
The e40d is the best. It has the most probs and is one of the most expensive to repair. I am glad I have one under my truck.

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
For me, the B&M ShiftPlus just causes it to never go into 3rd and makes the torque convertor buzz, but my tranny has been in bad shape for several years now. However, if you do wish to try it, I'd have no problem letting mine go cheap, just give me a holler :thumbup

·
Registered
97 Posts
To bad you are not from nor-cal, I had my shift kit installed by a place called ATO the owner Jim knows what he is doing and set me up just the way I asked. When I changed to the 4.88 gears he adjusted the shift kit to hit just the way I wanted at no charge.If you live in nor-cal he is the only way to go. He is in Citrus Heights
JH

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nor-cal is a pretty far drive to get a shift kit installed. Pay for my gas, And ill come....:goodfinge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts