10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gearrat said:
thats pretty damn cool
Yep, you know there a lot of web site owners ( cough , cough ) kicking themselves in the ass after reading this .:doh0715:

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Yeah I saw that, 10x10px square is $100, it's the lowest amount you can buy. I hate British kids :brownbag

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
i dont understand why someone would want to buy those, but hey the kids smart, and a million richer than me

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
damn

i shoulda dont that lol

i coulda used the money thats pretty slick tho

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Sweet idea, how many people will copy it?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
why :banghead didn't :banghead I :banghead think :banghead of :banghead that :banghead

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stepchild88 said:
why :banghead didn't :banghead I :banghead think :banghead of :banghead that :banghead
Yea .............why not !!!!!!!:twak

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
If you check out the link he's auctioning off the last 1,000 pixels on ebay. After 27 hours the bidding is already up to $21,400. WIth 8 days 21 hours left he gonna make a shitload on just the last 1,000.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Dirtdigger said:
Yep, you know there a lot of web site owners ( cough , cough ) kicking themselves in the ass after reading this .:doh0715:
Including me... I run my own server too... Damn. When I first saw it, I thought what a gahy ida, then I saw it again full of ads, of names we all know, and then some. And now this... hes richer than Ill be in a life time!

Doah!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
hes gotta to done it in a scripting language like php, asp.net, along with a db. so it can dynamicly be induced into the site. i could see were its just can be a few lines of code and the rest is dynamicly produced.

I know enough codeing that if he sat there and wrote it all out and not dynamiclly done, he would be infornt of his computer for quite sometime. i mean at least a couple of weeks strieght, esp to iron out any bugs from that much data entry.

but i see one prob

Its gonna cost him at least 50k+ to keep that site online till 2010. as he is gonna pay bandwidth fees out the a*s along with one hell of a hosting bill should his host decide that the server he is on cant handle it. esp if he has to move to a dedicated host which costs about $500 amonth.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I was wondering about his costs myself. $500 a month or a total of $50K is still a small price to pay for a million. Still comes out well in the black.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Looks like the government is getting involved -_-'

This is where our money goes?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Damn, I remember seeing that page barely 1/4 full a while back. I didn't think it'd get much attention... man was I wrong....:duh

now if only I could make that much money... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts