Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday night I smashed into a tellaphone pole with my '96 Eddie Bauer @ 45-50mph

I hit the pole dead on, and broke two places. No seatbelt, airbag went off and I think was what saved me. I walked away from the wreak, and was actually able to call a friend, pull my truck off the pole, and then tow it with a chain to his house without having the cops come. The next morning I had a sore neck, maybe whiplash or getting hit with the airbag, and two sore ankles, I guess from hitting the firewall.

My poor truck took a beating. What a shame it really was in nice shape, one of the better ones left. Black '96 Eddie Bauer that is 100% rust free. I don't think she'll ever be the same, but the good news is that, even though techicnally she's totaled, I am going to fix her. I work in an autobody shop and take auto body at my techical highschool. I hit the pole dead on, the bumper got shoved in like three feet and pulled the framerails inward. The engine actually hit the firewall, but since its all rubbermounted it should be okay, still runs.

I was very lucky to find a '93 Eddie Bauer as a parts truck, and bought it. Its got a good nose, and thats what I'll be using off it, then I'll part out the rest.

So, wear your seatbelt! and don't be stupid like me and drive 65 when you should be doing 30:banghead :banghead

I'll have to post some picts of my truck when I can get them, but here is what she use to look like :cry
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0041.jpg

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Why didnt you call the cops? i hope you dont think that you are going to be fine without hospital attention, gald to hear you are alive

·
Registered
262 Posts
ouch. sucks for the truck, hope you dont regret not havin that belt on for the rest of your life...

But she WAS a beauty...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yah glad to see/hear you're alright and all. But like what 50gunner said, what happened that you had to go and hit the pole?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
UHM, PUBLIC FORUM + ADMITTING TO A HIT AND RUN = CHARGES + MAYBE JAILTIME! :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :tw:twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak ak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :tw:twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak ak :twak :twak :twak

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm tempted not to post this, but I really don't care.

Not only what did you do to hit the pole, but wtf were you thinking doing 65 in a 30 without a seat belt!? Does it make you feel cool to break as many minor traffic violations as possible. In Texas, doing 65 in a 30 ALONE will land you in jail overnight and possibly (usually) suspend your license. But regardless of state laws, driving at that speed without a seat belt is just plain retarded. I beg your pardon, but I don't know of a better word, so I appologize to all the mentally retarded who would be offended at being associated with someone intelligent enough to drive more than double the speed limit without a seat belt.

All things added up, including the speeding, no seat belt, fleeing the scene and taking your truck with you... dare I ask, were you by chance drinking? 'Cause if you thought you were going to be in trouble at the time, you'd better be SERIOUSLY considering what you've done now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you done anything else illegal lately that you'd like to confess on a public bulletin board?

:doh0715:

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
good luck getting insurance to cover anything, since you havent filled an accident report, because if you did, you would be getting charged.

do your self a favor, just go turn yourself in, the police are already looking for you, the longer you wait, the worse the outcome

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
This kid is still in high school. The legal limit is .000, .001 lands you in jail. Still haven't heard why he was going this fast, why he wasn't paying attention, why he wasn't wearing his seat belt, or why he hasn't been mature about it and gone to get some medical attention. Once you have a neck or back problem, you always have a neck or back problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its not as bad as it sounds, the pole I took down didn't have anything attached to it it was old, so it won't be missed and even if the cops did come I don't think I would have had to pay for it. I was coming out of like an industrial park, it was about 9:30 at night, so no one was around except me, my buddy and his dad who where doing some work on his car. I was doing sospose to follow my friends dad about 1/2 a mile, where he was going to drop off the car we where working on and I was going to drive him back to the shop. He left before me, and I was trying to catch him, don't ask why. No, I wasn't drinking. As for insurance, it doesn't matter, I don't carry colision so it wouldn't be covered anyway, and I'm 100% fine, no doctors for me thank you. Since no one else was involved, I don't think its really much of a big bad crime, I was the only one in the truck, and I hit a pole that was on private property, with nothing attached to it. I'm not to worried about it

·
Registered
656 Posts
good move driving/getting the truck away, had the cops come, it really wouldda sucked.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Ryan T said:
The next morning I had a sore neck, maybe whiplash or getting hit with the airbag, and two sore ankles, I guess from hitting the firewall.

And you didnt see a doctor... plain stupid.:twak

I'd like to think I learned enough in EMT-B school to know that people in car accidents RARELY walk about with no injuries... it'd be plain stupid for you to not go to a doctor and have them check at least your neck. Its better to take care of that shit when you're a kid and on your parents insurance, it will end up troubling you a lot less when you're on your own. Trust me, something like that might seem like its nothing, but its not. I'm a firefighter emt, and I've been on enough calls to see people walk out and act fine, and be in the OR two days later because of a spinal injury.

Small fractures in your vertebrae don't just normally go away.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Ryan

Ifin' you ain't gonna post pics of the wreck get an administrator to get this unposted before some knob calls your local cops.

Best of luck repairing her

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 60 Posts