Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this is the 3rd time that i tried installing stainless steel nerfs by smittybilt on my 96 bko. i finally got the driver's side nerf on, but it is too unstable. i followed the instructions right and made sure that everything was fine, but when i go and get up on the bar, the front end dips down too much.

Is there anyone that has smittybilt nerfs with this problem?

and can people please post your nerfs (any brand), with pics and how they are mounted?

thanks... 7

PS: i know i keep posting posts about nerfs, but this is really aggrivating...

PPS: (on the passenger side) one of the mounts attaches to the seat belt bolt underneith the frame, and the bolt isnt down all the way so there's not much thread on the bolt for the nerf to attach too. i cant get the bolt do go in, or out... help would be nice...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that strip of metal is only on the the back of the nerf towards the rear of the bko, not on the front.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey wood, that's very nice of you. is it possible if you could take the pics of them on the bronco?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i noticed. they look good... i need to see how they mount. when you step up on them, do they sag at all from the weight?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont go off-roading with my bronco. It is my daily driver and will stay that way...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Se7eN said:
i dont go off-roading with my bronco. It is my daily driver and will stay that way...
sorry 2 hear that but i understand also

1 - 15 of 15 Posts