Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
A reason. And you're not going to find it here.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought an MGB with a Weber 45DCOE and headers years ago. No smog laws in the California desert.

One fine day the CA lawmakers decided the whole state needed LA smog inspections. I eventually found the smog gear I needed. In Maine.

VW guys had to get rid of their Bosch 009 mechanical advance distributors and go back to vacuum advance. They had to take off the vacuum advance distributors at night, take them in the house. People would steal the vacuum advance distributors, since most of the ones replaced by 009s went in the dumpster.

My advice: Behave as if the whole country could get LA type smog inspections anyday. Keep all your vehicles kosher.

Note: This does not mean you should steal the distributor from the Volkswagen down the street...;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Keep in in there last thing the tree huggers need to kow is everyone is letting smog on the good old American V8's flow free. Also not to sound like a tree hugger but I do like clean air and want to leave some for my child on the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I guess this forum isn't for me, Thanks for all the help guy's I'll be sure to let everyone know how I got so much help on this forum. Oh and I guess I didn't let you guy's know I was building an OFF ROAD TRUCK.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
OMG KAY BYE, YOU WONT BE MISSED.

My truck is an offroad truck too, but it still features a smog pump and a catalytic converter.

·
has no skidplate
4,322 Posts
Sorry I guess this forum isn't for me, Thanks for all the help guy's I'll be sure to let everyone know how I got so much help on this forum. Oh and I guess I didn't let you guy's know I was building an OFF ROAD TRUCK.
:rofl: bitching at us because you didn't provide us with the proper information. if you're building a truck to occasionally trailer to the bog/trail/tool meeting, you should tell us that, if your truck is going to have a license plate, you should keep the equipment.

BTW even if you are building an offroad truck the equipment does not "rob" horsepower like the ill informed will tell you. take the belt off, spin that pump and unless yours if fubar it shouldn't take anything to turn it, it's a lot of effort for what should be no noticeable gain. it also gives the "tree huggers" more fuel to put an end to our sport. even if the pump is broken a lot of times a reman or a new one is cheaper than a delete pulley (at least it was the only time i've looked into it)

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
have fun building your bad azz offroad truck, might of want to have mentioned that in your initial post. But seeing as though your lack of communication made you think everyone here is a big meany, i will go ahead and close this post.

feel free to not start another one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.