Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve got a 91 eb 302 and my smog pump is seized but I am no longer required to have it. When I tried to remove it I broke the top bolt on the pump and can’t remove the pump now. Can I just remove the pulley head and use a shorter belt and if so what size

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hey guys I’ve got a 91 eb 302 and my smog pump is seized but I am no longer required to have it. When I tried to remove it I broke the top bolt on the pump and can’t remove the pump now. Can I just remove the pulley head and use a shorter belt and if so what size
Yes… I’ll get belt size in the morning… I wrote it down along with the part number on my shroud

·
Registered
2 Posts
89 302 XLT...Replaced mine with a K876, couldn't get the K868 to fit. My pumps fully removed though.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,476 Posts
Would the snout of the air pump shred the belt?
Without the pulley there, a shorter belt should be able to pass by on the inside of the smog pump, taking a more direct path between alternator and crank, and not touch the snout.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
I posted a thread about bypassing the smog pump and belt size for 87-92 5.0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts