Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it ALLLLLMOST passed. All i need is a pointer so they can read the timing and it will pass

Here are the numbers
HC (PPM)
Max allowed, 15mph- 115, MY NUMBER-32
max allowed, 25mph-95, MY NUMBER- 25

CO(%)
Max allowed, 15mph-.63, MY NUMBER- .03
Max allowed, 25mph-.82, MY NUMBER- .06

NO(ppm)
Max Allowed, 15mph-986, MY NUMBER 144
Max allowed, 25mph-846, MY NUMBER 351

Everything else visual was a pass, just the pointer to point to what the timing is.:thumbup

this is from a truck with low oil pressure, and oil leak, and the battery was dead, he had to jump it with 2 jumpers, and under CA smog rules including the new one where thye check the pressure of the fuel system.

:rockon

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
damn you guys go through some stringent tests.

We have no physical inspection of our vehicles beyond looking with a mirror under the truck at the exhaust system.

They half heartedly put a probe in the end of the exhaust and run it at 25 M.P.H. for a minute, and then test our gas cap.

For all they know the thing could have a two cylinder motor in it, and the test is usually performed by a 18 year old kid that could care less about anything.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
We have emissions testing here too.
My Daughters Bronco had long tube headers into cherry bombs.
I thought I would have to put Cats back on at the least but when I tried the Emissions test it passed by a long ways. I was shocked.

I guess that goes to show you how much difference a fresh motor makes in it running clean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
They check your timing?!?!? WTF does it matter.....

what you have your timing set at. If it's spitting the acceptable mixture out the tailpipe, why would they care about that? Geesh, that's getting a little out of hand. Anyway, you may have to find a pointer from the junkyard. I've never seen one for our trucks in an auto parts store. Glad I live in Florida.

·
Registered
432 Posts
All they do here in Metro Nash-hell is run a mirror under the vehicle for cats and stick a probe in the tailpipe if you are a pre-1995 vehicle. Luckily mine passed by a country mile with "cats" under it....

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dan73, i dont know why, its just cause there is a checkmark they need to check on the list. Ill get one, throw the biatch on, smog it and be done.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its stock y pipe to stock cats, with straight pipe after that that exits the back. Im going to change it to just dump right after the rear axle though, or exit behind the rear tire. With no back window, the exhaust likes to pour in from the back.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
what you have your timing set at. If it's spitting the acceptable mixture out the tailpipe, why would they care about that?
Because it's Cali. The laws where written by liberal environmentalists who know nothing about internal combustion engines.

The Atlanta metro area has the greatest emissions testing in the world.

As long as it has a cat and will pass the sniffer at idle, 25mph, and 40mph (rolling dyno) your fine. They don't care what you have done to it as long as it burns clean.

All the spirit of Callie's pro environmental smog test, without the ridiculous communist liberal B.S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts