Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just started my 79f150 351w after doing the head on one side and now there is smoke coming off the header on that side what is causeing this? could the new exhaust gasket just be seating ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
It could be a leak, moisture, spilled oil, header paint.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
beisel1111 said:
It could be a leak, moisture, spilled oil, header paint.
:stupid

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill use my hand dandy water hose! i didnt have the spark pllugs in all the way like a jack ass

·
Registered
119 Posts
you probaly got oil/grease on them while installing. Unless it doesn't stop after 15min or so. Then I'd guess valve cover gasket.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok it was the header bolts, they werent fully torked, now to the damn water temp guage thats not working

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
you know, Collin, instead of posting every time you do/come across something new and run into a problem, why don't you try and figure it out by yourself first. I've noticed a lot of your posts are common sense issues, if you just take the time to try and figure it out.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
colinlesser said:
ill use my hand dandy water hose!
Please do:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
colinlesser said:
ok it was the header bolts, they werent fully torked, now to the damn water temp guage thats not working
Yes they were fully torqued my friend

Maybe your instructions didn't tell you but you have to retorque them once they're heated up after an initial run in.

Probably just pulled the sensor wire off or it burned in half on the headers. If you need evening entertainment, open the hood up in the dark and watch them babies glow orange at 2000 rpms !!!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,443 Posts
waltman said:
you know, Collin, instead of posting every time you do/come across something new and run into a problem, why don't you try and figure it out by yourself first. I've noticed a lot of your posts are common sense issues, if you just take the time to try and figure it out.
Been saying that all along..........thanks walt.

By the way, headers will smoke just from you touching them, the oils from your hands will burn off of the headers, along with any dirt dust or grease, And if you really are stupid enough to spray water on a hot set of headers, or engine block for that matter, then you need to stop, sit down with a basic automotive handbook, and do some serious reading.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts