Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in 78/79 section as that is what I have the most experience with.
Please use this thread to discuss all things related to Sniper Style Installs, and or link to your specific install.
This should help us all, whome are trying to decide to go this route, or get stuck with an issue.

Personally I went with the Super Sniper and a Retro Fit tank kit, with the extended Hanger. Ran all new PTFE stainless lines as so no worry about blended fuels later.

Some info I thought important to share from my build thread:
From @Hillbilly Heaven :
Did run into a little problem going over the wiring on the Sniper. It requires at least 2.5 seconds after ignition power up before cranking. This allows the system to boot up. My pushbutton start system does not offer any delay between between ignition on and cranking signal. One push turns on the accessories and second push turns on the ignition and cranking signal. They are separate signals but come on at same time. Solution is to run a switch on the brake pedal in series with the crank signal. This allows me to turn on the ignition and control when the engine cranks with use of the brake pedal. I will have to hold the button as crank signal goes away with release of the button.

Word of note mostly for those reading this thread. Our local mud and dirt tracks do not allow any fuel components mounted to the firewall. Reason being in case of failure of flexplate, flywheel, torque converter, or clutch. All fuel components must be mounted forward of engine bellhousing mounting surface.

Things I have found from doing my install:
-I feel the wiring to fuel pump is not large enough for much more then a stock style pump, I used the holley pump + to trigger an Aeromotive fuel pump Harness which has 10ga wire (should be more then enough for most trucks needs on the forum)
-Pressure and leak check your system prior to starting. You can do this simply by running a jumper wire in the relay for the fuel pump.
-efisystempro.com will price match anyone, and they have great customer service. When you buy from them they give you real help, from someone that has done mulitiple installs.
-If you decide to run a return system and not use the build in regulator, per the manual, you will need to hook up your fuel lines to the front of the sniper. It does appear you could simply pull out the built in regulator under the cover and use the back ports to me though.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whistle cure plate

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I plan to do this install this winter. Thanks for the information

Reactions: Brad613

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco XLT, I6, 5 Speed manual(M5R2),EFI Intake\Exhaust,Thrush Welded Muffler 2.5" Exhaust
112 Posts
Me too! Painting it first, then Sniper.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Hillbilly Heaven
1 - 6 of 6 Posts