Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if it's real or not, but at least it's funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 9, 2005 (CNN):
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces sniper, soldier, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when sniping members of Al Quaeda in Afghanistan.





























The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil.":rockon
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Sounds like the Full Metal Jacket line.... "How do you shoot women and children?"

"easy! don't lead em as much!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
You'd have to snopes that, but if the sniper really did say that, he's not very original. I personally have heard that same response quoted to both Carlos Halfcocked and Mr. Rodgers, and that was befor the whole 9-11 incident.
 

·
Never ending project
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
If it was a 50bmg that's what i would say.:histerica :twotu:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
Sounds as if it could be accurate, thats the sniper attitude. :thumbup

However, I heard one similar to that, several years ago (over a decade), so its likely a spin off.
 

·
Zombie Hunter
Joined
·
13,695 Posts
JahWarrior said:
Sounds like the Full Metal Jacket line.... "How do you shoot women and children?"

"easy! don't lead em as much!"
"If they stand and shoot, they are well trained Vietkong, if they run and hide they are untrained Vietkong"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Saw an article today about a sniper who shot an insurgent in Iraq at just over 1250 meters (3/4 mile) with a .308 he said he adjusted his Leopold scope that goes out to a 1000 meters and aimed 12ft. above the guy hit him dead center dropped immediately. The insurgent had just killed an Army soldier just before that and it turns out it was the snipers friend.

Sniper also said if you gave him a box of Ammo. he probably couldn't do it again.

I will try and find the link tomorrow and post it up here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
badass1tonf100 said:
funny.... but not likely that they can interview one
:stupid:
If it had said Nat. Guard Sniper maybe, the odds of a reporter getting to interview someone wearing the beanie, slim to none. That only happens in John Wayne movies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"silent souls make .308 holes"

Now THAT is a badass quote, I shoulda tried the Scout Sniper indoc, that is some moto shit right there
 

·
Never ending project
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
Thurston said:
Saw an article today about a sniper who shot an insurgent in Iraq at just over 1250 meters (3/4 mile) with a .308 he said he adjusted his Leopold scope that goes out to a 1000 meters and aimed 12ft. above the guy hit him dead center dropped immediately. The insurgent had just killed an Army soldier just before that and it turns out it was the snipers friend.

Sniper also said if you gave him a box of Ammo. he probably couldn't do it again.

I will try and find the link tomorrow and post it up here.
308 3/4 mile 12 feat that's pretty accurate depending on the ammo the weather would have to be dead calm if not your just peeing in the wind:twotu:and 308 holes make invisible souls.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
Oldyeller said:
Don't know if it's real or not, but at least it's funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 9, 2005 (CNN):
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces sniper, soldier, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when sniping members of Al Quaeda in Afghanistan.

The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil.":rockon
I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

There's no frickin' way the canadian press would report that if any of our snipers, with their 50 calibre sniper rifles, had said that.

[email protected]#&ing bleeding hearts have no sense of humour !

Sixlitre

p.s./
They made some spectacularly long shots during the initial phases of the Afganistan campaign.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top