Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about buying, er, most likely making a snorkel. i have a few ideas running through my head on what would work, and what to make it outta, but i would like to see how you guys with them made yours. if you built it or bought it, i'd like to see it. got pics?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts

Swiped that from pony-boy's post on the horrible gas mileage thread. I made mine, never got to test it, but it would have worked, but I also cut 3" holes in the cowl to make mine fit. I used 3" ABS, and a homemade air box for the carb

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks like the easiest way to do it, but i think i can make one better. under the hood i think i got figured out easy enuff. but where to mount it outside, and wether or not to go thru the fender or the hood i am not sure of. i am thinking that the aftermarket one you posted would get ripped right off my truck. i was thining of using flexable tubing under the hood, then some sort of coupler in the hood then run something up the pilar like that or some sort of cowl inductin hood or a scoop like crazed used but put on backwards, i dont know. just need ideas.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats why i was thinking some sort of cowl induction hood or scoop. if its pulling air from the back of the hood, that would be higher up than where the stock air box is now. never tryed it, so i dont know if it will work well, just wondering what everybodys take is before i start cutting my hood up and find out the hard way.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Well then, other than just using a cowl induction hood, your only other option is to run the snorkel thru the cab, and out the roof. James Oxley did that, but lost his glove box, had to cut alot of his visor out, and seal the hole in the roof around the snorkel tube

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Interesting, but talk about getting ripped off on the trail. At least with mine, nothing lower than the hood would touch it. That PVC also looks like 2"... even I had enough smarts to use 3"

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
ahh crap well my Froggman link is dead cuse i guess MBB totaly shut down. anyway on his site incase someone has it and it still works for them he has a great step by step on how to make a nice snorkel and it runs up the hood or whatever there and along the pillar

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
yeah it was in his tech section

i looked on google for all diff ways to access it but i guess it was directly through MBB :cry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts