Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to run a snorkle on a 79'. Through the hood, fender or into the interior. thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I ran mine thru the cowl, along the bottom of the windshield, and up the A pillar. I never had a chance to try it out, but that's how I did it

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
well how deep u wanna go?

stock on 33's -no snorkel

4inch susp. 33's, no snorkel. i've had it over the hood plenty of times without any problems. The other truck above is brnkstk, we're both local to u. ought to come to paragon with us sometime:thumbup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you mean splashed over your hood or in water that sits up over your hood? I'm lookin into a snorkel too. I get it up and over the hood all the time with no problems -going through mud/water that's as deep as my hood is tall is what I'm worried about.

Nice pics by the way

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I USED to have a little tech article on mbb about mine. If you guys are interested, I can write up another one, to be posted here... but the pictures aren't the greatest :brownbag

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Deadman514 said:
Do you mean splashed over your hood or in water that sits up over your hood? I'm lookin into a snorkel too. I get it up and over the hood all the time with no problems -going through mud/water that's as deep as my hood is tall is what I'm worried about.

Nice pics by the way
:lolup yeah in that second pic i gave er some juice cause my gf was standing rihgt there takin the picture. She got soaked:toothless
I USED to have a little tech article on mbb about mine
was that the one with the pvc running up the a-pillar?. Liked everything but that.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
yeah, that was the one. Not many other people liked that either, but if you bought a Safari snorkel, it'd be run the same way. And even with a 3" ABS pipe, and run along the cowl, none of it was in my line-of-sight. Where I sat, I couldn't even see it being run up the pillar. I did think about replacing my glovebox with a filter box, but the dang heater is in the way

Making the airbox took the longest, but I think it turned out real well, and was the best part of it

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you run the snorkle into the interior...wouldn't you get engine fumes/exhaust smell...esp in the winter with windows all up?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
The snorkel is for the intake, not the exhaust, and if properly sealed - not hard to do - then there won't be any problems routing the snorkel into the cab... except for the slightly louder engine noise. Also, you won't be running the engine for too long, with the windows rolled up, since it'll create a vacuum inside, and make the engine work a bit harder to suck in the amount of air that it needs. Best to swap it back to stock for winter running

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
man too bad someone wont make us 78-79 owners one thats nice & store bought looking... there arent many things made for us. oh well, AXE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts