Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're supposed to get 9 million feet of snow in the next week or so-- anyone up for an Iron Mtn/Ice House run this weekend?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
damn, bad timing for me too, bronco isnt quite ready yet. I really want to go on a later trip though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You suck...oh wait I suck for being down in SF this weekend...I'm almost tempted to take a day off in the middle of the week to go play :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You suck...oh wait I suck for being down in SF this weekend...I'm almost tempted to take a day off in the middle of the week to go play :)
I hear ya-- after my day today (i'm still working from home at almost 11) I think I'll call in sick all next week and head up to the snow, even if it is by myself.

Of course, there's always Joe and Travis... :histerica

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I believe its right by Ice House off highway 50. I know that area well because last martin luther weekend I broke down right at icehouse on 50 when it was 6* out at 1AM. THAT was fun

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've got too much on my plate right now with the approaching Pismo trip on 19 & 20 but if you guys plan a snow run latter this winter I'll try to make it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where exactly is Iron Mtn ?
Iron Mtn is near Pollock Pines-- get off on the Sly Park exit, head down Sly Park toward Jenkinson Lake, hang a left after the lake. The road isn't county maintained, and there's literally hundreds of roads branching off, so it's great in a few feet of snow. Ice House is another 10 or so miles up Highway 50.

I plan on being up there at least every other weekend this winter, as long as the snow is good and the Bronco is in one peice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
im down to go....except i am stock height with mud TR and they aint $hit in the snow.....let me know if it is doable and a fun time for ME at stock height....if its worth the drive....count me in. Let me know what the plans are!?

·
Registered
199 Posts
i dont know sar450 you tell me?! I got pulled out because i was pushing the limits a little too hard last year in lassen.......a team had to come out......if you were part of that team......then ya

pull anyone else out latley?!

Thanks for that by the way sar.........apprecaite it greatly!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't make it up this weekend, I spent most of my time cutting up the trees that fell all over my yard from Friday's storm. More snow coming this week, so next weekend should be good too. Bet the conditions up there today were perfect...

1 - 20 of 100 Posts