Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured since my son has a build thread on here, I might as well add mine. This is from another site so I hope it's ok.
Snowman's v2.0

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since my son let the cat out of the bag , here's the new bronco aka " 1096 hauler " rig. 01 freightliner fl60 crew cab w/ dodge dually bed. 8.3 Cummins 6 speed allison auto., should pull the crew just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the time has come. So before putting in the 408w, i wanted a coyote motor in my bronco backed by the 6r80 trans. Well fast forward a bit and the opportunity presented it self. A co-worker of mine wanted my 408 ever since he bought his 67 mustang. So we finally made a deal and put the 408 in his stang last week. After the deal was made i purchased a coyote out of a 12 mustang and a 6r80 out of a 14 f150. I purchased the advance adapter 6r80 to atlas tcase adapter, BC Broncos motor mounts. The advance adapter fit perfectly to the BW1356. The coyote fits in the engine bay good. The only issues I foresee is I won't be able to run a/c and I have to figure out the oil filter location. I'm hoping I can run the f150 filter set-up, with minimal frame modification. Since we got the 408 in the stang last week I decided to fit the coyote. I had to cut bumper off since it was welded to the frame, I'm going to figure out a way to make it bolt on. With they way it was a regular engine hoist wouldn't reach far enough. I have the Power by the hour gen1 6r80 control pack and a few other parts on order. Anyways here's some pics as of today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Progress has been slow, mainly waiting on parts, but did get the lift installed in the shop. Of course the sons bronco went on second. Didn't get pics of the 77 on the lift but it works great.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the engine cleaned up and painted. Decided to paint the motor because i really don't care for the oxidized aluminum look. Also got the engine harness on. Hopefully i can get this and the trans installed buy Thursday. Still waiting on the power steering and alternator mounts, they should be here on the 16th.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motor is in. Had to trim the passenger frame rail a little for the factory mustang headers.

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual hubs
829 Posts
looks all promising, but even the overall setup is "nice" to say it in a simple word.

following along!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well more parts showed up last Monday but due to work i wasn't able to work on her til today. Got the power by the hour alternator and power steering brackets on. Had to remove the lips on the power steering pulley to get it in. I think i might throw them on a a lathe and turn them down and re spot weld them on. I couldn't get the pump mounted due to the tight clearance bren the pulley and steering box. Once on i have about 1/2"of clearance. Glad i went with the low profile power steering mount.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, oil system done, fuel system plumbed, most of the under hood wiring done with the exception of the fan and start request wiring. Still need to zip tie a couple wires.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to add, torque converted bolted to flexplate, and dust shield installed. Tomorrow I'm going to work on the transmission cross member and the trans cooler.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the transmission cross member mocked up. I had some left over 1.75 tubing that i had already bent. Once i get it finalized I'll make it one piece. And yes that's the wife all original 77 behind it.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anybody know the fitting size of the power steering lines going into the steering box?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts