Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any better pics of the ski on the laptop, but I'll post some up tomorrow if I get a chance... gotta start doing some work on it and the trailer real soon...

I ride a 93 Yamaha Blaster. It's got a 701 motor in it, RIVA Racing/K&N spark arrestor on it, a MSD control box, RIVA Groovy ride plate, RIVA intake grate, cut seat, and a hardline products sticker thats worth 100+ hp. :toothless

Total ski weight is under 375lbs, and the weight bias is damn near perfect. Easy to roll forward and backwards, and sits just a hair heavy to the port side.

Since I don't have any pics of it on land right now, here's some action shots of me outside of Townsends Inlet, outside of Avalon, NJ. This was last November I think, on one of the few days where it was still a nice 70-something out, and the water temperature was just starting to fall... probably around 60-62 degrees by then... Just cold enough to wear a wetsuit... usually I'm out raising hell in a Tshirt and board shorts... wetsuits just get cumbersome when you're trying to maneuver on that thing.

I've got some better ones... it's tough though to get pictures that accurately show how high up you are unless someone's practically right under you... Might not look that high from the peak of a wave, but down in the trough of the next set, even that second pic is a good 15ft down. Doesn't seem like much, but it comes fast at 30mph. :D Not a bad jump in that second picture, and that's only on a ~head and chest wave... you get a good 8-12ft wave, and you'll grab 30 feet of air scary-easy.

Riding a Blaster is like riding a mix between a quad, and a 450+ CC dirtbike on the water. The first time I ever rode a waveblaster, out of an hour ride, I spent 45 minutes swimming, and 5 minutes trying to climb back on it, without it tipping over. At WAY under 500lbs, it's in a class of it's own for weight... newer skis (600+ lbs) can't even compete with it for jumping capabilities.

Once you get good at it though, maneuverability is on par with a superjet... you can lean into a turn, and scrape so bad, the thing will practically do a perfect 90 degree (L) turn if you want it to, without sliding. Having a good ride plate makes a hell of a difference, but even stock those things grab and hold water amazingly well.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I saw your avatar a couple days ago....

I used to (and plan on again soon) ride the old school stand up jet skis. I love those. Used to be pretty decent at it too... no pics though. Good times :thumbup

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I always liked Superjets/stand ups... just could never really catch the feel for them.

It may have been the first time I ate a piece of aluminum handlebar with one that did it for me, or the time that I landed sitting on the jet still pumping water half up my ass(jet ski enemas are no fun) that did it for me, but I just could never get quite used to one.

I'll ride one if I have to, but I wouldn't go anywhere near as nuts on one as I do with my blaster.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I ride for fun,, I usually just take my cousins ski now since I got rid of mine. Ill have to ask him about it, Its an 07 ski doo. It does 70mph easy.

I usually just go to wildwood

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ****er, come down to wildwood for the firemen's convention in September...I'll show you a good time in the dirty jerz for a weekend... parties EVERYWHERE that weekend... its an awesome time. :thumbup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Well ****er, come down to wildwood for the firemen's convention in September...I'll show you a good time in the dirty jerz for a weekend... parties EVERYWHERE that weekend... its an awesome time. :thumbup
alright, I will probably take you up on that

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
as long as your not trying to jump the wake behind my boat especialy while ive got a wake boarder up and your on the other side of the lake, not muddying up my nice glassy side im ok with jetskiers

the second they try to jump our wake is when the ranger gets called, and im friends with rangers in my area, ive had many a jetskier kicked off lakes and 3 arrested

but other than that there ok, i dont under the im going to go out on a lake by myself and run arround but to each there own

the only thing i think there good for is hiting sliders on wake boards

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I have an old 1100 Waverunner Yamaha setting in the shop. No idea what it would take to get it going again; it's been sitting since 02 or so...

That thing hauled...I've been thinking of tearing into it recently, but I dunno...

BTW, I can't swim :toothless

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
as long as your not trying to jump the wake behind my boat especialy while ive got a wake boarder up and your on the other side of the lake, not muddying up my nice glassy side im ok with jetskiers

the second they try to jump our wake is when the ranger gets called, and im friends with rangers in my area, ive had many a jetskier kicked off lakes and 3 arrested

but other than that there ok, i dont under the im going to go out on a lake by myself and run arround but to each there own

Is there a law against jumping the wake? Or did you mean to say they got arrested for being too close?

There is a big difference.

I hate jetskis more than the next person cuz I love glassy water when I ski...but dont stretch the trutch.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Used to have one of these until i broke the motor mounts

Now i have one of these

and a boat btw the stand up was much much more fun

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
i've rented one twice
hella fun both times, one year was some crazy surf got a ton of air once thought i busted my spine and ass, a cigarrette boat went right between my friend and I, we were less than 50yds apart and he was haulin ass, i thought he was a bit close to shore
the next year the ocean was perfectly smooth (i never knew the ocean could get that smooth) so we opened them up and hauled ass, but it was fricken cold (i also got a florida boating license that year)

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

If you're towing a skier/wake boarder, you've got a gay tiny boat that doesn't throw off a wave worth trying to jump. I'd call the cops on a jetski trying to jump the wave just because it'd be stupid to try and get air off a tiny wake like that.

Besides, jetsking in a lake is gay... the ocean is the ONLY place to jetski.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't have any better pics of the ski on the laptop, but I'll post some up tomorrow if I get a chance... gotta start doing some work on it and the trailer real soon...

I ride a 93 Yamaha Blaster. It's got a 701 motor in it, RIVA Racing/K&N spark arrestor on it, a MSD control box, RIVA Groovy ride plate, RIVA intake grate, cut seat, and a hardline products sticker thats worth 100+ hp. :toothless

Total ski weight is under 375lbs, and the weight bias is damn near perfect. Easy to roll forward and backwards, and sits just a hair heavy to the port side.

Since I don't have any pics of it on land right now, here's some action shots of me outside of Townsends Inlet, outside of Avalon, NJ. This was last November I think, on one of the few days where it was still a nice 70-something out, and the water temperature was just starting to fall... probably around 60-62 degrees by then... Just cold enough to wear a wetsuit... usually I'm out raising hell in a Tshirt and board shorts... wetsuits just get cumbersome when you're trying to maneuver on that thing.

I've got some better ones... it's tough though to get pictures that accurately show how high up you are unless someone's practically right under you... Might not look that high from the peak of a wave, but down in the trough of the next set, even that second pic is a good 15ft down. Doesn't seem like much, but it comes fast at 30mph. :D Not a bad jump in that second picture, and that's only on a ~head and chest wave... you get a good 8-12ft wave, and you'll grab 30 feet of air scary-easy.

Riding a Blaster is like riding a mix between a quad, and a 450+ CC dirtbike on the water. The first time I ever rode a waveblaster, out of an hour ride, I spent 45 minutes swimming, and 5 minutes trying to climb back on it, without it tipping over. At WAY under 500lbs, it's in a class of it's own for weight... newer skis (600+ lbs) can't even compete with it for jumping capabilities.

Once you get good at it though, maneuverability is on par with a superjet... you can lean into a turn, and scrape so bad, the thing will practically do a perfect 90 degree (L) turn if you want it to, without sliding. Having a good ride plate makes a hell of a difference, but even stock those things grab and hold water amazingly well.

Sick I also use to ride ocean in the pacfic off washington and oregon coast. I also ride 2 waveblasters and a kawasaki x2. Did most of riding in the columbia river. Just moved to utah and what I missed both was the lack of large rivers and the ocean. Might sell 1 or 2 of them and buy a Superjet, Got my buddy into it last summer and he has a 650. I had a 650 for a day but flipped it and made a 700$ profit the next day

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Im still trying to get a stand up jetski just cause ive always wanted one. No luck yet.

I have ridden a supercharged sea-doo, now that sucker was fun.

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
If you're towing a skier/wake boarder, you've got a gay tiny boat that doesn't throw off a wave worth trying to jump. I'd call the cops on a jetski trying to jump the wave just because it'd be stupid to try and get air off a tiny wake like that.

Besides, jetsking in a lake is gay... the ocean is the ONLY place to jetski.
we thorow quite a large wake actualy

i go with the number 3 and 7 ranked riders in california

Is there a law against jumping the wake? Or did you mean to say they got arrested for being too close?

There is a big difference.

I hate jetskis more than the next person cuz I love glassy water when I ski...but dont stretch the trutch.

no, its not a law but its about safty when you jepordise the safty of my rider by riding even relativly close to him your going to get chewed out to say the least.

if my rider falls and your riding my wake you may hit him and that is not safe, that gets people killed every year

out in the ocean, cool jet skis ski doos or what ever the hell are awsome have fun

but i dont want them on my lakes

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
out in the ocean, cool jet skis ski doos or what ever the hell are awsome have fun but i dont want them on my lakes
Arent people supposed to share the lakes??

I know when I was jet skiing a lot, there were an equal number of stupid boat owners as there were jet skiers..... and a lot of boat owners acted like pricks because they didnt like jet skiis on "thier" lakes. Dont get me wrong, I dont like stupid people doing stupid things like that either but its not just those on JS's......

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im still trying to get a stand up jetski just cause ive always wanted one. No luck yet.

I have ridden a supercharged sea-doo, now that sucker was fun.
Yeah, a buddy of mine bought an RXP, because he thought it'd be awesome to jump waves with a 900 pound 215hp monster. He was wroooooong.

Thing is insanely fast, I'll give it that, but after he cracked his gel coat the first ride, and then cracked the hull the second ride... well, you can imagine how he discussed the problem with the manager at the place he bought it from.

we thorow quite a large wake actualy
:histerica

Yeah. no.
A large wake is a 5-6 ft wake. My dad's 41 Silverton, overloaded, with twin Cat diesels throws a large wake.

A <25ft ski boat, light weight with a smaller motor just doesn't have the water displacement to make a wake worth jumping.

Arent people supposed to share the lakes??

I know when I was jet skiing a lot, there were an equal number of stupid boat owners as there were jet skiers..... and a lot of boat owners acted like pricks because they didnt like jet skiis on "thier" lakes. Dont get me wrong, I dont like stupid people doing stupid things like that either but its not just those on JS's......
Yep. I find that a lot around here. You get the asshole powerboaters with their Fountains, Scarabbs, Cigarrettes, and other big boats, and they might as well just be aiming right at you if you're on a jetski. It's like they have a personal vendetta against you... especially the guys like me, who travel in packs of three to five wearing full protective gear and look like we're obviously about to go doing some serious riding or about to go compete.

The ski guys mostly stay in the back bays here and don't go out into the ocean, but if we're riding by to get to an inlet, it's like they're pissed off at us too because we rode in the general vicinity of their ski pattern.

The sailboaters don't care, the fishermen just ignore us, and the Coast Guard and Marine Police follow us around like they expect us to commit a crime... that, or they just want to watch the show.

So yeah, all in all, it's fun. :toothless

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Yeah. no. A large wake is a 5-6 ft wake. My dad's 41 Silverton, overloaded, with twin Cat diesels throws a large wake. A <25ft ski boat, light weight with a smaller motor just doesn't have the water displacement to make a wake worth jumping.
We used to ride the Columbia. There were cargo ships and other very large boats that would travel the river. Talk about bad ass wakes.... so fun. Closest thing to the ocean (which I only rode 6-7 times). It was also nice because if you wanted to chill and work on tricks and stuff, you could find nice calm stuff and play... damn, talkin about it makes me want one even more!! I would love to pick up an old school 750...... no, no, need my D60 installed damn it!!!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fawk yeah! Those cargo ships throw some INSANE wake... I've followed on up the Delaware river before... man, some extreme fun right there.

That was the first time I came real close to completing a barrel roll... but just not quite. :toothless

Haha, yeah, I'd love to get a Riva head for mine and a pro tec exhaust, and maybe even do an tinyEFI setup on it to get rid of the gay carb, but I've got a d60 SAS to finish and that jetski money is going towards chromolys... And then the rest of it is going to the 393/monster E4OD rebuild. :duh

Too many toys, too little pay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts